This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autologous Serum in the UK

Does anyone in the UK have experience of getting autologous serum eye drops made up? I have severe dry eyes and have tried everything else available without any relief and am now considering serum drops. I have found someone I can see privately and get the drops made but has anyone managed to get them on the NHS? I'm seeing my opthamologist next week but have a feeling he will refuse to refer me on the NHS.

Do serum drops help reduce inflammation at all because this is my main problem?

Hi Helen,

I remember we had a thread about this once, I tried to find it but couldn'lt locate it just now.

It ought to be doable through the NHS. I even ran across an NHS protocol for it online once. If it were me I'd try and track down the doctors involved in the serum studies done in the UK for more info. Here's one example.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Hiya,

I tried to get autologous serum eye drops on the NHS once. i found a sheet for it online which i printed out and took to them but they had never heard of it and said they didnt do it, so i drew a blank as ussual.

If you dont mind me asking what doctor are you seeing privately who would perscribe you these drops? you can private message me if you like.

I think serum drops do help with inflammation but not sure.

Did you try restasis for inflammation?

sarax
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Working...
      X