This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news at last - dryness bearable, redness reduced 30%

This is the 20th day I use serum drops. In the last 3 days, I got some relief on both dryness and redness. Actually, the dryness is totally bearable now. And I hope to see more relief on redness. Now the redness is reduced 30%.

Comment

Stable, dryness and redness relief plus spiritual experience

It's been 3 weeks since I used Serum.
      Day 1 - Day 4 ,relief of dryness,
      The following 10 days, no relief at all, and getting more redness.
      Then the following 3 days, relief of dryness(60%) and redness(30%)
      Then for 2 days till last night, some uncomfort inside eye lids,like sand feeling, no pain, not itchy and redness is NOT getting worse at all. And the corner near nose was very itchy, its not inside eyes, but the outer of eyes. and no redness appear. It might also be the allergy. I stopped anti allergy pills and every time I sneeze hard, my eyes do get red for one or 2 minutes, but get clear again after a while.

PS: Actually I have a feeling that my dry eyes will leave me soon. I've always read bible every 2 days, and pray everyday that he would help me and I could go to church every week. But in the last week, I was asking God what he wanted me to learn from these days with dry eyes, and would he please help me to do my lessons fast so that he would remove my problem - God always has good wills to his people, but sometimes he would use hard situation to do some teaching. After this pray, I got a lot of strength, and a lot of belief, at the same time, my sjogren test result came out and it was negative. Without the last weeks "talk" with God, I would be very nervous and would seek for another diagnose. But now I feel safe to stop all my prozesses, I gave my life to God, and he would do the things that needed to be done.
      The experience above doesnt seem to match in this forum, but I just want to be honest, and reporting what was happening to me, to my eyes in the past time, this spiritual experience just comes along with serum therapy.

Comment

wow, atta, that sounds really good. Please keep us updated, I'm very curious. Did your doc say how long it would take to see the max. reflief that you could get from the serum drops?
        When you say your dryness has improved, can you measure that in drops? e.g. before I used X drops/hour/day, and now I only have to use Y drops.
        Another questions: How often do you need to remake the drops? And how long is that procedure?
        Last edited by stephgurl1986; 03-May-2008, 04:12. Reason: another question

Comment

Hi Stephie

No, the doctor didn't say how long it might take to see a max. relief, not even promising that it would give any relief.
          Last Decemeber till I got serum, my eyes were very very dry and I need to drop every 10 minutes when theres no inflammation(doxycycline oral). And with inflammation I need 4 or 5 drops(thick drops for extrem dry eyes.) Now I dont need any drops.(2 restasis+6 to 8 times serum) And comfort most of times. Occasionally I got dryness and then I will try to yawn, and got a lot of tear. Before I use serum, tears wont come down when I yawn after 3 pm.
          I think the serum made is enough for at least 6 weeks.
          I dont have shirmer test inbetween, I would check it after another 2 weeks maybe.

Comment

I dont want to turn this into a "religious " chat room , but i have to say that i think the reason that i am sooo much better is because i have consistantly prayed and asked God to heal me and He has shown me what was needed for my particular case ie antibiotic ointment + an unusual way of unblocking my eyelid glands by squeezing both sides of the lid between my finger and thumb ( dont try this unless you have heated the lids first and washed your hands and have short finger nails)
            It is certainly working for me ( I think i am a definate case of MGD but was diognsed too as being aqeous deficient) Whatever --- i am much better and hardly ever use eye drops now
            If God can do this for me -- He can do it for anyone

Comment

Ups and downs - a good video for those with faith on God

Well after about 8 days stable status. My eyes get worse again, till now its been 4 days. I dont know if its like immune system cycle. Its like now I was attacted by myself again.
              To be honest, I was almost "killed" by the redness I got.

It seems that my body need some medicine to control the immune disaster. I got all negative results but its hard to believe that my immune system is ok. I decided to try LDN, of course I've been sure that God is behind my decision.

ps - Very touching tape recorded on 17. Jan, 1993, when a miracle healing from God happend on a pastor, who was just teaching!
              http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=72p9Qnfh4vk

Comment

Update - Heard of Candida (yeast overgrowth)?

Today my eyes get better again. (comfort and less redness) I had 5 bad days.

I got prescpripation for LDN and in between I found I got Candida. So I might try to kill those yeast in my body before I start LDN. I made this decision because Candida can also cause my symptom - sicca (dry eyes, red eyes), dry mouth and skin, joint pain, depression,sleeping problem. And Candida might stop the normal work of LDN.

Comment

Who prescribed you LDN? And how did you find out about candida?

Comment

I looked up in LDN Forum home for some LDN information. As I wrote there that I got no diagnose for autoimmune diease, someone said I might have candida. And candida may cause Sjogren-like (autoimmune diease-like) symptoms. Including dry,red eyes, depression, joint pain, muscle pain, ect.
                    LDN doesnt help to get rid of the yeast. But candida can stop the work of LDN.
                    Here is the simple test of candida.
                    http://www.rainbowminerals.net/candidda_test.htm

I got LDN prescription from my hausarzt. I showed him the information from internet and the second time I met him, he refused me because the availabe dosis is 50mg. But after 2 hours he called me and said if I made a contract him, writing down that I'm willing to make this therapy and take all the response of the result.

Well, I got the prescription but the price is very high (28 capsules 104 Euro). So I havent bought yet, I want to try medicine against candida first.

Comment

Besides, havnt you tried some oral medicine against sjogren? If you got diagnosed, you could try plaquenil, which helps dry eyes and other symptom of sjogren and its function is well studied, not like LDN.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                        I'm not diagnosed with Sjögren (yet), I have to make blood test every 6 months...

Comment

It's been a month and 3 days - obviously more tears

In the last 3 days, my eyes are at the best condition since 2 years. I really got tears occasionally(seldem) even when I dont yawn and that feels like a cooling sensation and I dont feel they falling down at all. Since last week my condition was bad, I guess there will still be some bad period in future.
                          I get a lot of white things around my eyes in the morning. And after Restasis, I got some excess tears. Obviously I still have inflammation. But its a good sign that I got tears in the night and in the morning, which wanst the case before.
                          I dont know if Nystatin (against candida) starts to work already(Its been 4 days). And it might also help a little bit.
                          @stephgurl
                          Sorry I made a mistake. If you think you might have sjögren, you should have both blood test and biopsy test (done by the dentist).

Comment

@ atta: I was wondering how you are doing now? Did you get rid of the candida? I made several tests and the doctors found out that I have lots of candida. So I started taking tablets with Nystatin today... Please just let us know about your improvements!

Comment

Ata

I also have Sjogren's syndrome. I have been going through the worst time I have ever had. Both cornea's have ben inflamed. painful and difficult to see. The Dr. has been working with me for two months. Have been using lotamax eye drops along with tears. He wanted me to try the serum made with my own blood. I finall gave in and said I would try. He makes them. After 3 days I was getting some relief. I have been on them for about 3 weeks You get a three month supply. One little bottle last about 10 days. Expensive but worth it to get some relief. They are not FDA approved that is why we can't get them here. Good luck I have fought this problem for years. But this time it has been terrible. I was told to wear sunglasses also. I wear glases had to get the kind that fit over my glasses they have them at Walmart. My vision isn't all the way back to where it should be but getting there. If you can get the serum it is worth the try. Good luck Janice

Comment

serum

Atta, I also have Sjogren's and have had for several years but for the last few months this has been the worst. My eye Doctor is about to throw up his hands (not really) I have tried lotamax eye drops, restasis, tears. Nothing seemed to help. I had trouble keeping my eyes open and they hurt. Eye lids were red. I also wear wrap around sunglasses. I wear glasses these fit over my regular glasses. I am trying the serum that they make out of your own blood. I do understand they use them in Germany but not FDA approved in the US. My doctor makes his own, he set up his own lab. Little expensive but worth the try after trying everying else. After using them for 3 days I could feel a difference. I have been on them for three weeks and go back to see the doctor the 3rd. Since both my cornea's were inflamed I hope he sees a difference. I was told my upper oil glands were completly blocked so he scraped them and that did help. My bottom tear ducks are sealed. I am still on the Lotamax eye drops and the serum, and take fish oil everyday. I seem to spend the day puting something in my eyes. I hope you get to feeling better this is a miserable problem. To make things worse there is no cure for it.Take care and let me know how you are. I am new to this site Janice

Comment

Working...
                                X