This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can dry eyes be caused by heating?

A few days ago I came back to my apartment after having spent the holidays at my parents' house. My first reaction upon entering was... sweet Lord, the air is unbearable! So hot and dry, I couldn't believe I used to live here and find it bearable. However after having spent more than two weeks outside of it, I was allowed to discover how it was really like.

I thus bought an humidifier which I use a few hours a day to give me some nice humid air, and since then, although I'm still not cured of my eye pain, it appears that as I am exposed to this better air, I feel my eyes getting soothed a bit, and I feel that they tend to get sore at a somewhat slower pace.

I remember that I didn't get any dry eyes until in October, some time after I had begun to use heating in my apartment, gas heating to be exact. It did seem that around mid October or so, perhaps a bit later, my eyelids began to be slightly more sore than usual, leading to severe dry eyes towards the end of October.

Could I have poinpointed the cause? Even if I didn't, that my eyes begin to be a bit less sore would still be very good news. One needs every edge he can get in the battle against dry eyes! And at least my day to day activities are not impeded anymore.

Temperature went from -30 to -10 the other day and the heating was turned down slightly, my eyes were much less agitated but still felt like crap. Does'nt help that at the moment I'm working in an industrial envirionment with dust and dirt all over the place. I hope all these lasik troubles I'm having improve and I can actually get somewhat productive again at work. Dry irritated eyes with crappy vision suck. Lasik sucks.

Comment

Working...
    X