X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something to Try!

Hi everyone!

I want to mention that I bought a personal size humidifier. I sit it on the nightstand by my bed at night. It is very compact. It is cool steam. I've only had it a few days and not sure what's going to happen. (Like my dry eyes will go away.) Not.

I bought a bigger humidifier for the bedroom last year, but it was just too big. Made sounds like a car running etc. The name brand is a Medisana humidifier. A google should bring it up. If I find a link later, I'll add it. I bought mine over the internet.

Even if I wear my Tranquiles, I need moisture in the air. Winter heating kills, plus I have Sjogrens. The item cost only $36, which I think is reasonable.

Lucy
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

I have a Honeywell and love love love it. It holds 2 ga and costs around $80. It sits right on my nightstand inches from my bed! I run it on medium b/c high is too loud.

Comment

Willwork, yours is a bit bigger than mine and maybe even do a better job! I have a very limited space and finding my cute "little Barbie" humidifier was a great find for me.

I have a much larger humidifier in the living area near my computer/tv and lazy area. Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I must admit that I was rather sceptical before buying a humidifier. I bought a large warm air version that was just about rated correctly for the size of rooms it would be used in - bedroom and lounge.

The results... amazing!

I dont notice it when sitting in the room with it on, but when I leave the room for 10 minutes or so I begin to feel my eyes get dry and grating and thats when I realise just how good a job it does.

As for the noise.... mine gurgles but I've grown used to it to the extent that I know something is wrong when I cant hear it!

Comment

When I use a humidifier in my bedroom, I find I need to place it away from my bed, or the noise is too loud. To "deliver" the humidity to me, I run a small fan that blows the humidified air toward my bed. Strangely, I do not find the noise too loud, even though I add the noise of the fan.

Comment

That was the trouble with my bigger humidifier. My little Medisana is noiseless. The mist is cool. I love it for several reasons, that being one.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
            X