This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidifiers (reviews) ? anyone ?

It seems they have some really advanced stuff these days.

Machines that are called (what's in a name huh ) : Ultrasonic Warm/Cold Humidifiers.

Has anyone have some experience , good or bad with certain brands/types ?

I got this one on Wired that got some good reviews all over the place.
    The article has a "eye" catching title for dry eye patients like us too

Humidifier Perfect For Misting Eyes

http://www.wired.com/reviews/product...nic_humidifier

thanx
    Wolfie

I like my Moist Air (it's also sold under Essick Air). You can fill the removeable bottle 2 times and it will run for 24 hours (the first time it will drain in to the tray & you can fill it again). It's noisy on high, but it's quiet enough on medium that I can sleep with it right next to my bed on that setting. Low doesn't seem to do much, so I run it on med at night and med or high during the day. I would say the range of 1700 sq feet is a stretch. It can definitely cover 1000 sq feet. It was expensive, around $75, but I have found the less expensive ones don't work well and have very inaccurate humidistats. The humidistat on this model is very accurate.
    http://www.amazon.com/Essick-Air-Pro.../dp/B000HJ73ZO

I have found Honeywell humidifiers and space heaters to be nothing but trouble. They break easily and their customer service doesn't seem to care or want to be helpful. I would NOT RECOMMEND Honeywell.

Comment

I did a lot of research before buying mine.
      Key points I noted were
      - warm mist seemed to work best for dry eyes.
      - make sure the product you buy is rated sufficiently for the size of room(s) it will be used in.
      - They seem to break down often so buy local rather than online to make returns/replacements easier.
      - They dont always seem to work for everyone so no point spending lots until you know it works for you.

I bought the Bionaire BWM401 Warm Mist Humidifier

It is absolutely critical to clean all the parts that come into contact with water every 4-5 days. Otherwise its impossible to get the gunk off and it will break down.

Personally, I find that my eyes are pretty good when the rooms in the mid 70's and they get gritty in the 50's

Comment

I bought a Challenge 3.5L ultrasonic humidifier for £25 from Argos in the UK.

It's very basic with no selectable humidity level, just a single control knob that lets you vary how much moisture it chucks out.
        It was a bit noisy the first coulpe of days I ran it, but seems to have bedded in and quietened down a bit now - unless it's about to croak!
        Seems to do OK in my (admittedly small) room, takes the air from 40 % to my 60% target within in a couple of hours.

I also bought a cheap Hygromometer at the same time so that I can get the humidity reading from that.

Comment

I really need to add to this.

I bought the Bionaire BWM401 Warm Mist Humidifier.
          It cost about £75

The first one I had broke within the first month. I thought it was user error - i.e. not knowing about the reset button on the base. I was given a replacement at the time.

Now, about 2-3 months later, it has broken down again. Neither pressing the reset button nor changing the fuse has any effect.

So it really doesn't say a lot for the reliability of this model.

Comment

Working...
          X