Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also take some sheets of silicone and cut them to fit around the glasses and to your head. A company, EagleVision use to make some precut.

Comment

Dry Eye Zone ought to get a commission.

I just bought some Panoptyx "Chinook" this afternoon. Wore them to Lowe's, Home Depot, Target, plus drove around with the air condition blasting. Ahhh. They did help quite a bit; my eyes felt moister. Especially helpful making the changes from outdoors to indoors.
      Yeah, they're a bit dark inside. They come with a cord, so I can slip them off whenever.

I mainly bought them to wear at my Nat'l Park job this season--out doors, dry, high altitude, very hot. But, I'm secretly hoping they'll help with another problem: Overexposure to People. I'm not an interpretive ranger, but get asked a hundred questions every day by visitors. With my Panoptyx, they won't be able to make eye contact, and I can mentally "escape" more often.

C66

Comment

You can find those glasses at WAl-Mart, Shopko, Target....just about any place. They have been quite popular lately. Try on a few pair...you can probably find one that fits snug around your eyes and gives you good protection.
        These are not totally wind-proof, but I find they do a nice job for most things. Also nice to wear around the house when you are doing housework and moving around a lot....stops those air currents that walking creates from drying out the eyes.
        And they look quite nice also.

Comment

I went to Walmart this morning and got myself a pair of the lightly-tinted wraparounds. They're not too bad looking, but they're actually a bit more "trendy" than I would normally pick. They have a purple-colored lens in a light tint, and I like them because you can see my eyes through them and they don't really feel like sunglasses to me. I don't feel terribly self-concious wearing them indoors. They really wrap around the eyes well.

I wrecked my eyes in Walmart checking out all the sunglasses, so it's hard to tell if the wraparounds going to work. I wore them at my next stop (my favorite antique store - also dry and full of musty smells) but my eyes were already irritated from being in Walmart. I can't imagine these aren't going to help at least somewhat, though!

Thanks for the suggestion!!

Comment

I wore my wraparounds to Target and Home Depot last night and I think they helped! I didn't get that awful burning feeling I always get in those stores. I was only in both stores a short time, but I still think the glasses helped a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X