This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold winter in calgary, canada

Hi Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to make my eyes feel better in the cold cold dry winter of calgary, alberta, canada. My eye produces no tears so i put in drops just before leaving the house to head to the bus stop. I wear my Wiley-X sunglasses to protect as much as possible from the wind and sun. But the cold temperature is very painful. my eye feels like burnt raw skin. would a thicker eye drop help at all? should i try to bandage the eye completely with something? any ideas would be great.

What kind of drops are you using? Celluvisc might be good... it's quite thick, and lasts a bit longer under tough conditions...

Are you thinking it's just the cold that is bothering your eyes? Or is it wind leaking past your Wiley's?

Comment

i didn't have too much pain at all until the cold weather hit calgary on Monday. i always wear my Wiley-X sunglasses and couldn't go outside without them on.
      i use Oasis Tears Plus right now.

Comment

I really like the Oasis Tears Plus too... the main reason I've switched to Celluvisc is because my drug plan will cover it!

Anyhow, any chance that it's not really the cold that's bothering your eyes, but the dry air that tends to go hand-in-hand with our cold weather up here? Sorry... probably a silly question, and odds are you've already considered it... but it's the only thing I can think of

Comment

You might check out the new Ziena eyewear

Rebecca's Dry Eye Shop now offers a new eyewear product that is designed to "seal" 100%, called Ziena (www.zienaeyewear.com). It uses a replaceable silicone shield behind the glasses, with a magnetic attachment.

Comment

You're right Chemia... those really DO look good!

Comment

Calgary is so dry! I have a few friends there that I'd like to visit but just can't stand the dry air that comes down off the rockies. I did see an optometrist in Calgary in the early stages of my dry eye problem - maybe you have already seen her but I'll Private Message you her name anyways.

Comment

Re: Ziena Oasis

I ordered two pairs of Ziena Oasis from the Dry Eye Shop... one black frame with sharpview grey lens and the other tortoise frame with no/clear/plastic (?) lens.

I'm so excited to get them. I'll let you know what they're like... and compare them to what I already have (7Eye sunglasses with air dam, WileyX with foam insert, swim goggles, and onion goggles).

Comment

Can't wait to hear what you think of them spmcc! Keep us posted!

Comment

I also live in Calgary and suffer with dry eyes. I find systane balance is very good for my dry eyes. I also take hydro eye supplements.

Comment

Working...
                    X