This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidifier trick

I've been having to use a humidifier at night the past few months in order to breathe. I guess Sjogren's is attacking my nasal passages now.

I tried out my new portable Germ Guardian tabletop model while on vacation. I was really disappointed at first because the air currents in the room sucked the vapor into the return air vent and the humidifier used little of the water in the very small tank. Moving the humidifier didn't seem to help. Finally my husband who is a very good problem solver took a paperback book, opened it up and used a section of pages to tilt the back of the humidifier. The vapor stayed low and best of all the humidifier started putting out a heavier mist and used almost all the water during the night! I like the paperback because you can adjust the tilt. 3/4 " seemed to do the trick for mine.

Interesting idea. I'm pretty much hooked on my humidifier right now. I told my husband I need a bubble around me so I can contain myself and humidify the air around me. He asked, "like bubble boy?" Yes, exactly. Human humidified hamster balls might solve all our problems. LOL!

Comment

Working...
    X