X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humidifier question

Hi all,

Funny, I'm always recommending that people put a humidifier in their bedroom, but today I discovered that I really don't know anything about humidifiers. A lady I'd just recommended this to called me from the store saying there were many models and that the salespeople told her she needed to choose either "cool" or "warm" and I had no idea what they were talking about.

Does anybody have any guidelines/suggestions to post about humidifier specs? Many thanks in advance.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Humidifier Buying Guide

Here is a buying guide that discusses all of the issues about mold, dust mites, warm and cool mist, pros and cons to different models, etc.
    Humidifier Buying Guide
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Perfect. Thanks Kitty!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

After we bought one my wife's doctor told her that either one would suffice but that the warm one was less likely to create bacteria.

MiguelX

Comment

Use Distilled Water

Hi Everyone I just thought I'd let you all know to use distilled water, that way there isn't any hard deposits or chemicals going into the air, if you use regular tap water you might see this white film all over your furniture and that is caused by the hard water deposits. Rinse out your humidifier often with boiling hot water and clean it, they say you can even use a tiny bit of clorox bleach, wipe it down good and your good to go

Comment

Personal Humidifier

Do any of you have any experience with personal humidifiers? We have to make a trip in Dec to Minn. and I have limited space to pack things.
            Billye

Comment

I got a humidifier!

I got a humidifier Saturday and I love it. It's not noisy as the first one I got and ended up returning it b/c I couldn't stand the noise.

Soon I'll be able to tell if it makes a difference.....
              Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

Personal Humidifier

I meant to post this and forgot to. I searched all over for a personal humidifier. One I could pack in luggage for a trip. Someone on the Sjogrens forum recommended this one. http://www.comforthouse.com/humidifier.html

I actually bought mine thru Yahoo on line. And someone else on the forum said they got theirs at Walmart. So I think it's just a matter of finding them. It is silent and has a night lite. Some of them are fancier. But I bought the plain one and we test ran it for one evening and it actually ran about 8 hours. Not bad for something that is about the size of a small loaf of bread.

We're planning to pack ours for a trip to Mayo. We'll be going in Dec and the air in the big hotels is hot and DRRRY so I desperately needed one.
                Billye

Comment

Working...
                X