This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather and eye pain relief

I have severe dry eyes and neuropathic eye pain. I wear Boston lenses, which provide a lot of relief, but still have severe chronic eye pain. I notice that cold weather (staying out in it) provides almost complete pain relief. Has anyone had a similar experience?
    Thanks.

I have the same issue with dry eyes right now. I live in MN and it's been very cold this winter and been having red eyes more then usual. Eye doctor says I need to hot pack more, everything else looks good, but they sure don't feel good!

Comment

My symptoms are impacted more by humidity rather than by temperature.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

The cold air numbs the nerves responsible for the pain. Not so fun going back into the dry warmth though ?

Comment

im from montreal and yea i find that when i'm outside(especially now in feb) my eyes do feel better

Comment

cold eye pain

Hi from Toronto:

Have just recently found out that cold air & cold compressses helps with my eye pain.

This is a great forum. I'm now taking coconut water, also. Opps, if this is suppose to be only about cold, just a healthy tip.

Comment

Cold Air and eye pain

Hi all - I guess the severe pain in my l. eye I experience from cold air must be more a factor caused by the neurosurgical damage to that eye than from DES and EBMD. My eye is partially anesthetized because of the nerve damage, and the nerves to lacrimal glands compromised. The pain I experience sucks the air right out of my lungs. I'm using 7eye air shields to warm the air and provide some humidity. They are doing a good job helping me.

My r. eye has DES and EBMD - it doesn't suffer the excruciating pain that my l. eye does in the cold, but it's still painful. I didn't know if that was more a factor of the cold, or lack of humidity, which exacerbates the dry eye.

Seems I'm the only one experiencing pain from the cold. I'm glad the people who have responded actually feel better from the cold. Feeling better is a great thing, however it is achieved!

Maria

Comment

Cold air and eye pain

I find quite the opposite. I live in New England and we have below zero temps. I stay in until it warms up. The cold air makes my eyes a lot worse. 30 degrees is much better than 3 degrees. The combination of wind and cold is really the worst.

Comment

RE: Cold air

My eyes are always worse in the winter. Cold air can't hold moisture as well as warm air.

Comment

cold weather and eye pain relief

I notice that since taking glaucoma drops (over two years) that the cold winter weather --and especially when there is wind—really bothers my eyes.

My eyes are more sensitive to the cold this winter and when there is wind there can be some low level pain that can persist for an hour or more after I am back indoors.

Is the solution to wear goggles or to use more artificial tears or just to stay indoors when there is cold wind?

Comment

i live in the midwest-almost the south-the humidity in summer makes it to be over 110. with my sjogrens i can barely function on those days/ weeks. ughhh.. my allergies are worse in summers with pollen which clogs my glands but my glands also get super clogged everytime it turns cold... MGD doesnt like pollen and cold weather.. so pretty much year around im a HOT mess. lol
                      Jenny

Comment

I find the cool air refreshing on the eyes, as long as it is not too cold and windy. The wind I find to be the most difficult environmental challenge. Central heating is ok as long as I keep the house nice and humid with lots of showers and wet laundry

Comment

Working...
                        X