X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes being exposed to ACs

HI ,
    Can anyone give any idea that while working in offices under air conditioners aggravate the dry eye situation.

Will it increase the dryness in long term.

The ACs are not direct ,but sideways.But still i feel the cold winds sometimes.

Does it cause bluriness due to increased dryness in eyes.

I haven't read anything that suggests they'll cause any long term damage - just make things worse while you're exposed. There are lots and lots of studies showing how bad "office air" is for the eyes. It's hard even on healthy eyes let alone dry eyes.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I bought a small humidifier for my desk (I also have one in my car). It really helps combat at least some of the dry air in an office environment. I do notice short-term blurriness, but I think that has a lot to do with looking at a computer as well as the dry air.
      The eye altering, alters all - William Blake

Comment

It still bothers me to have heat or air in my face it helps to a degree if you can sit where it is not blowing right in your face or if possible redirect the vents. In my home I had special redirect vent covers so that the air went up and out instead of just out where it blows on me. At work I would think you are more limited but maybe you can move your seating if possible?

Comment

Thanks everyone for sharing your suggestions.
          It helps to be motivated and positive if anybody tells it will not be a long term effect.
          But still our eyes are so dry as compared to healthy eyes that we fill the effect as even the air flow is less.
          I experience some bluriness as already i am sitting at the same seat for more than 8 months or so.Might be it would be due to strain at computers also(not confident)
          Also changing seat becomes an limitation at work ,as have to be organised and have to share the story to team and will cause hicuups .There are other seats where we might have to face problems with Extra light .We have to see each and every probability to be long term associated with our profession.
          HOpe have started Restasis which might help a bit.
          "HOpe" is the only thing thru which we can survive even if there is no solution.

Comment

Working...
          X