X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New florescent light bulbs

Hi fellow sufferers

I have had so much trouble with severe eyestrain whenever I am in a place with florescent bulbs. I have to wear sunglasses in the grocery store. I am concerned that they are going to stop manufacturing regular light bulbs so I am stocking up. Is anyone out there also concerned about the effect of these new bulbs for dry eye sufferers? I would love to hear some thoughts. These bulbs gave me eye strain before I even had dry eyes. Now that I do I find them so frustrating.

Yes

Originally posted by MBC View Post
    Hi fellow sufferers

I have had so much trouble with severe eyestrain whenever I am in a place with florescent bulbs. I have to wear sunglasses in the grocery store. I am concerned that they are going to stop manufacturing regular light bulbs so I am stocking up. Is anyone out there also concerned about the effect of these new bulbs for dry eye sufferers? I would love to hear some thoughts. These bulbs gave me eye strain before I even had dry eyes. Now that I do I find them so frustrating.
    I work in a hospital, and just moved into new "green"building with florescent canned bulbs all over my work station the counter is even under lighted with florescent bulbs, grrrrrrr this makes me so mad, there is a lot of controversy a out these compact bulbs, I just heard that they may actually cost more and use more power over time to use, because of the slow warm up and other problems, wish all of our choices would quit being taken away, my husband will be buying out the store the minute he thinks they will stop manufacturing the regular bulbs.....it's laughable how these bulbs, cause so many problems and not to mention the mercury that is going into our landfills. Meanwhile our eyes are paying the price, sorry for venting, but I'm thinking of looking for another job, if I can't bear the headaches, and eyestrain.

Comment

they not only kill my eyes they kill my head worse.. i get major dizzy and migraines from them--i have trouble even with sunglasses in most stores ..it totally sux.. i feel so limited...
      i did read that some places are now going toward LED instead of flourescent--also flourescent bulbs are badfor kids with problems such as ADHD and Autism... the fact its harmful for children i think the LED bulbs will replace them eventually and for the record i have been stocking up on incadescent bulbs
      Jenny

Comment

For sure, all flourescent lighing hurts my eyes. I am okay for about 20 minutes and then my eyes start to hurt. Also, I get post lasik 'smear' from the flourescent lights.

I also have trouble with the new 'blue' headlights. They are way too bright for me.

Comment

Working...
        X