Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for new/used car that doesn't blow air into eyes?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for new/used car that doesn't blow air into eyes?

My 9 yr old Honda CRV appears to be dying, particularly the A.C. which I must have due to some medical issues. I bought this car because it's defroster doesn't blow air straight into my eyes like my old Honda Civic did. The culprit on the old Civic was the tilt of the windshield angle, which directed the air straight into my eyes.

I'm probably not buying a Honda again because both of mine always had unreliable A/C, when the weather is very hot, and apparantly that's a common complaint with them.

Any cars you guys can say you have or have not had any dry eye problem with?

Mary in VA

Have you considered just getting some protective eyewear?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I have to tell you... I'm OBSESSING over 7Eye Briza glasses/moisture chambers (for women). I met a woman with dry eyes who was wearing them and they looked terrific!!

See here: http://www.7eye.com/Briza-Sunset-Tortoise/

The Dry Eye Shop also carries them: http://www.dryeyeshop.com/catalog/new-7eye-briza.htm

The 7Eye website says, "The new AirShield seal is lower profile so it’s less noticeable"... and I agree... they really looked so nice on! I'm going to get some...

Comment

Thanks guys. I have considered special eyewear but would have to use the kind that fit over my prescription lenses and I've been concerned that those will obstruct my vision too much in heavy, fast traffic. I have such vision problems that it's tough to get regular glasses that I can see with so I don't think I'd attempt prescription goggles. My current glasses were over $1000.

I had bought some cheap protective glasses that fit over mine and hadn't had the nerve to try them until today when I took the car to a repair shop to see if they could replace the AC. Since it's blistering hot out I had to drive with the windows down so had no choice but to use those glasses over mine. it worked and didn't really obstruct my vision either. So, maybe the goggles would be okay if I can find them to fit.

I know I've needed to try something even before the current car problem. On long drives, I have to exit periodically to put drops in my eyes and, so I can still see, I have to just do one eye at a time.

I assume moisture chambers type wouldn't be possible over top of my glasses? But could do the shield types maybe.

Mary in VA

Comment

My Wiley X moisture chamber goggles have my prescription in them. No need to wear them over your glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by Trac View Post
            My Wiley X moisture chamber goggles have my prescription in them. No need to wear them over your glasses.
            But how did you get them? Were you able to simply mail in a copy of your eyeglass prescription to the company, or did you have to find a local optometrist &/or optician who were willing to handle things? When I tried second option above, I struck out.

Mary

Comment

Working...
            X