This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Humid Weather Help You?

How many people feel a significant difference in their dry eye symptoms during more humid weather conditions--even while inside?

I do. Inside is more tolerable if the heating or air conditioning are not on. Outside, especially if the air is cool and it is misty/mucky (as is typical for Seattle), is the best. I think the fine mist as opposed to a hard rain seems to get into my eyes better.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Yes Kitty, I agree, when we went down to seaside this last summer my eyes did really well, it was warm, but misty at the beach, I was afraid that the wind would be the death of me, but it wasn't, my only conclusion was the humidity. It's been so dry this year tho, and cold, but today pretty cloudy, they said it will be dry the next couple of days, never thought I'd be hoping for more gray days, but they seem to be the best, I guess we live in the right place.

Comment

Humidity absolutely helps

Good question. For me, west coast winters are not so good. Hawai'i much mo' bettah. I finally broke down and purchased two warm mist vaporizers to use indoors. Like so many interventions, it may help 5 or 15%, often difficult to really say, but hopefully each little effort adds up.

Comment

Working...
        X