This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in the house...

My eyes could feel perfectly normal while I'm in the house and I think that I'm going to have a good day. But as soon as I go out, either in my car or just outside my house, my eyes start to react. Does anyone else find this to be the case? I'm guessing my allergies kick in whrn I leave the house but I can't explain why my eyes react when I gomout in my car, which is garaged with the windows closed and I keep the windows closed when I drive. What gives?

Typo...I meant 'Stuck in the house.'

I feel best in my house also. I have to turn off my air conditioning and/or heat while in the car. If I must have it on i shoot it towards the floor only. I also think we stare more while driving and don't blink enough. I actually keep a window slightly open to get some humidity inside the car.

Originally posted by rppnj View Post
    My eyes could feel perfectly normal while I'm in the house and I think that I'm going to have a good day. But as soon as I go out, either in my car or just outside my house, my eyes start to react. Does anyone else find this to be the case? I'm guessing my allergies kick in whrn I leave the house but I can't explain why my eyes react when I gomout in my car, which is garaged with the windows closed and I keep the windows closed when I drive. What gives?

Typo...I meant 'Stuck in the house.'

Comment

Any wind directly on the eyes, particularly if you have evaporative tear deficiency can feel quite bad. Car ventilation systems can carry all sorts of mold, dander and pollen. The cars collect these when you drive and park anywhere outside your own garage.

Comment

Same with me though my eyes never feel normal now but in the morning I'll think it's not too bad then by the time I get to work the irritation has kicked in. Any slight wind on my eyes or car air con/heater is really bad for me. My flat and my work place seem to be the best environments for my eyes.

Comment

Same here. Allergies exacerbating DES conditions is part of it. Plus my house gets hyper-HEPA cleaned. No rugs or forced air heat or AC - unlike my place of work. My employer has been letting me work at home. It's isolating to spend so much time here alone, but the house for me offers the cleanest environment and the easiest to manage my condition in.

Comment

Do you use goggles or moisture chamber glasses? I guess they would help a bit with allergies as well. Although I have no allergies, it's the same for me when I don't use my goggle-like outdoor glasses when I'm outside or in the car - my eyes react immediately and that can affect the rest of the day. I can't stand wind or ventilation air directly into my eyes. But when I do use my goggles, I don't have any problem being outside.

Comment

Working...
            X