This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air purifier recommendations

My apartment is always very dry and dusty, and I would like to get a good air purifier to help my dry eyes.

I've had an airr purifier in the past, but it almost felt like there was more dust in the air after using it.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for air purifiers?

Thanks

Flair air purifier

This is what I have. I think it works well. It takes a bit to get used to the smell of the Ozone. Just start out with it on low then gradually increase.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Because of allergies I spent a great deal of time online and allergy sites. Any that according to the socalled experts the ones that work really well costs a fortune. I have one in every room, just Honeywells. The one I like best is the large round one that stays on the floor. Pretty quiet, the older ones like it were noisy. I change the charcol filter often to protect the inner filter which is the costly one to replace. One problem I have with them is that they circulate air which can be bothersome to my eyes. So be aware of that. The others I have are small units which seem to circulate more sir than the larger one. As in moving air which my eyes notice more. The room with the big one is closed off and it is noticable that the room is cleaner as hardly any dust collects in there. You can check in allergies in ABout.com and the allergy store where they have the Austins(over my budget) and allerg.com. Those should give you some info to work on. I also use 3M allergy filters in my wall a/c units. Does that every collect a lot of dirt. Wish I cold tell you about the good units but they are out of my league at the moment.

Comment

Air Purifier Recommendation

I recently purchased the Whirlpool Whispure air cleaner as I am allergic to dust mites which make my dry eye worse. This machine works really well and received the best rating in Consumer Reports.

Comment

I am a huge believer in air purifiers. However, 10 years ago, they were nothing but disappointments. Technology sure has changed. Anyway, I went to the whole house air purifier and have had nothing but luck with it. I am currently running the Aprilaire, but am always looking for the next best thing. In my opinion, the air cannot be too clean!
          Last edited by Sniffles; 20-Sep-2011, 19:29. Reason: removed signature
          Try not. Do. Do not. There is no try.

Comment

Working...
          X