This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• small humidifiers for travel

Can anyone recommend a small and quiet humidifier for travel. Hotel rooms are so dry.

Medisana Personal Humidifier

This is the personal humidifier I bought for my trip to Mayo this winter. There are probably many places to buy it. We set it up and did a test run at home and it actually runs for about 6-7 hours. The folks on the Sjogrens forum recommended it. Just be sure to put it on the nightstand next to the bed. It is completely portable because it's so small and it disassembles to pack in a suitcase or tote bag. http://www.amazon.com/Medisana-Hah15.../dp/B000AF78KU

Billye

Comment

travel humidifiers

Thanks Billye.
      Do you also use this one at home on a regular basis or do you have another one that you like to use in your bedroom at night?

Comment

At home

I have only had the Medisana for a very short time. And haven't used it at home but one time to test it. I'm saving it to use for my trip and it's aready packed. At home we use one of the large room sized humidifiers with a humidistat on it in the main living area. This is a good site to choose one from: http://www.iallergy.com/category11_86/default.html

And in my bedroom I use 2 small humidifiers. I have to do this because I am only able to lift a small amount. But if I was able to lift more I'd choose a single humidifier more fitted for the size of the room.

I hope this helps.

Billye

Comment

My $0.02: stop by a travel store and buy a "sink stopper--" basically a flat rubber disk.

Fill the tub with hot water before you go to bed. It will humidify the room all night.

I've had pretty good luck with that ... when I bother ... and it's free.

All the best,
          Neil

Comment

Good idea

Thanks Neil,
            I'll do that and use my Medisana. I've often wished I could just turn the hot shower on and leave it running.

Billye

Comment

Working...
            X