Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Humidifier(s) for someone in Northeast?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Humidifier(s) for someone in Northeast?

Was wondering if anyone who lives in a 4-season area like Boston has had good luck or would recommend a humidifier that works well for helping dry eyes. Im assuming I will need a warm-mist one for colder months and a cool-mist one for summer. I do not know anything really about humidifiers however and am wondering is there one that has a setting so that it can function as both warm and cool?

I am willing to spend the extra $$ on one if it is worht it (ie it helps my eyes better than another!)

Thanks for any suggestions,
    Dave

For some general tips you might want to check out our page on humidifiers.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Many of the Air-O-Swiss Models have both warm and cold mist capability. They also have antimicrobial protection and are nearly silent. You might want to check 'em out. I bought the top of the line one for my mother who has sjogren's and it seems to work well. Regardless of the brand, I personally feel that ultrasonic (like the Air-O-Swiss) humidifiers tend to bring the humidity up faster than those that use evaporation (water is trickled over a mesh filter).

Comment

I've purchased many humidifiers in search of one that would do the trick. My humidifier 'must-haves' are: 1) no white dust residue, 2) quiet, nearly silent, 3) easy to clean, 4) sort of, kind of, attractive.

Portable humidifiers have disappointed me so I opted to add a humidifier to my furnace. I love my furnace humidifier. I can dial it up or down, it makes no noise, there's no residue.

I have three portable humidifiers at my other house, a small cottage. Two of the humidifiers make me crazy with their noise but work pretty well. My favorite of the three is an artsy one from Magic Sky. It's more of a silent misting device. The mist continuously rolls out of an illuminated shallow bowl providing no end of fun for my grown-up (?) kids who enjoy the changing colored lights and the 'dry ice' effect of the rolling mist. It uses tap water so is easy in that regard.
        http://www.amazon.com/Fountain-Magic.../dp/B00066IUFA

I like ultra-sonics for their efficiency and quietness but hate the white dust residue...Eli, doe the Air-O-Swiss leave a white dust residue?
        Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Air-o-Swiss

Cindy-
          They're advertised as white dust free! A filter that screws into the water tank filters out minerals that would cause the dust. I don't think my mother had any issues with dust. I personally used several Venta units this winter. They are similar to Air-O-Swiss's smaller models. I didn't (I think) notice any dust either, but my housekeeping standards are pretty relaxed!

Comment

Thanks for your input everyone. I will definitely do some research on the Air-O-Swiss models.

-Dave

Comment

Working...
            X