• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air cooler/Onion Goggles - make a big difference to me

Hi all.

I recently bought an AMCOR air cooler.

http://www.ukofficedirect.co.uk/air_...oners/cf70.htm

It's a desktop unit and produces enough cool air for 1 person. It's sat right on my desktop at work and it's pretty darn good. I've run it all last week and can confirm I haven't had a real bad day so far. If this is how it's gonna be then I'll be chuffed to bits.

It works by evaporation, I'm seeing the air temp being lowered by up to 7 degress (on the lower of the 2-speeds). It needs topping up with water once a day which is fine.
    Also, i've let it run dry thus it ends up just blowing air (no cooling) and the air temp went up to almost the room temp.

Note: I also bought a pair of Onion Goggles for home, and can confirm also they are making sitting at home in fron of a PC much more bearable.
    I have to say though I look pretty silly with them on....especially since I cellotaped some old prescription lens in front of the glasses so I could see....:-)

Ian.

Wonderful, wonderful!!

Ian,
    I'm so glad those onion goggles I found helped you. Seeing all the people who are using those glasses makes me so glad I wrote that article down and took the time to post it. 'Sides...bet you look purty in pink glasses. .....YOU DID get pink didn't ya????!!

Seriously, I'm so glad things are more under control for you.
    Billye

Comment

For those of us in the UK and interested in trying Onion Goggles, I saw them at the professional Cookware company (many branches throughout the country). I saw them at Meadowhall in Sheffield.

They only had the white with green inside, they don't look as strange as I thought they would and I tried a pair on and they had a nice comfy fit.

Didn't buy them because the 80's white sunglass look didn't suit me in the 80's so with 20 years on they don't look much better.

Unfortunately they don't do other colours.

From memory they were either £14.95 or £19.95.

Hope this helps

Ian

Comment

Hey, Ian, taping eyelids was big and sexy in the 80s, but you're still doing that aren't you?!
        Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by dianat View Post
          Hey, Ian, taping eyelids was big and sexy in the 80s, but you're still doing that aren't you?!
          D

Not sure which Ian you are referring to as there are two of us in this post. I can't imagine a time when taping your eyes closed was ever a sexy thing, even in the 80's (yes I am old enough) but it did get me through a rough patch and to answer your question, I only tape them now when they are really bad.

I still get reminded about my newspaper article with my taped eyelids - far from a sexy look (but very practical).

Ian

Comment

I have the white onion goggles. They also come in pink. Somehow, neither is sexy. But they are funny to look at. And funny is sexy.
            Tape can probably be sexy. But what do I know - I live in New York City.

Comment

Working...
            X