This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning

Does everyone else find that air conditioning kills their eyes, even though i am improving a little since doing the warm compresses and lid hygiene air conditioning just KILLS them - they sting and burn, get red and irriated in air conditioning and it seems to be everywhere.. shops, bars, restaurants, hotels. How can i handle this?

Get a pair of Climate Control Glasses to keep the air out. The AC blows and drys the eyes out because the tear film is unstable. Even a pair of wrap arounds like these may help,

Women,

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pro...SeriesCode=570

Men,

http://www.wileyx.com/EcommSuite/Pro...SeriesCode=558
    Last edited by Plat; 16-Aug-2008, 11:50.

Comment

Thanks - don't think they'd look too cool in the nightclub though....

Comment

Run a humidifier to help offset.

Comment

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
          Run a humidifier to help offset.
          I am ok at home and in my office (well i still need to use some drops during the day to help keep them moisturised) but its just in shopping centre, restaurants, pubs, nightclubs, on holidays (all those places where there is Air Conditioning running), my eyes just sting and burn and get red and irriated.

Comment

absolutely right that air con kill dry eyes!!
            specially with car air cons!..
            for work aircons, I find out that some aircon has TWO or several modes.. just put it on WET mode to make u feel......... NORMAL ....!
            If I have to choose between being happy and sad, I''ll choose being happy....... and you?... so.... stop choosing being unhappy (yeah its hard but....)....stop depressing........ live!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
              Get a pair of Climate Control Glasses to keep the air out.
              What he said! I don't think I'd ever venture into a Walmart (with that horrible blower at the front of the store... shudder) without my Wileys.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

i have the same problem too...i already have a very low TBUT 4-5 seconds but with air conditioning it seems like it becoms about 2 or 3...so basically i blink like crazy but they burn and sting soooo much ...and yes become very red

Comment

One more thing

I've found that wearing a baseball cap in Walmart helps. I wear glasses and pull the cap visor down to meet the top of them. Also helps with bad hair days!

Billye

Comment

Is that for your eyes or just so no one recognizes you shopping in Walmart?

Comment

Whooooa

Now that was an ugly nip!!!

Being from a small town with not much to offer in the way of handicapped grocery shopping, Walmart is a necessity. I have to use a motorized cart and the only other grocery store has none. So it's not really by choice I shop there. It's the only way to eat.

But in answer to your question, ......both.

Billye

Comment

Aww, we all shop there!

Comment

I have to kindly request than no one blasphemy my beloved Walmart.
                          Have you checked out eye drop prices elsewhere?

But to answer your original post, I like to mist myself with water.

Comment

Working...
                          X