No announcement yet.

Today's Tip: The Heat is On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could use King Kong in snowy Michigan, Dot. I shoveled 500 million pounds of snow today. I'm ready to lift Diana's new baby now .
    Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I just had to bring this thread up once again. It was 72 degrees today here in LA (yup, December 19) and Wednesday it's supposed to be over 80. Now, I know some of you (Cindy, Lucy) may think that's great, but, you know, it's just not Christmas without a little cold air and snow flurries.
      It's the first time I've spent the Holidays on the West Coast (thanks to my eyes being so bad) and I'm just a little homesick.
      Sometimes you honestly do get sick of warm temps and sunny skies!
      Happy Holidays everyone!!!!!
      Kyle

Comment

80 deg in LA - that sounds really warm for December.
        Christmas here in NZ is usually warm - around 23 deg C today - and we love it- the kids play outside - we have salads and cold ham, chicken, turkey etc and pavlova and fruit and ice cream and other yummy cold things but oh we still do like a bit of Christmas pud (tradition) and we get so blobbed out in the heat after all that eating and imbibing!
        Shovelling snow Cindy - Yuk! You sure need King Kong! We never see the stuff where we live. But we do get lots of rain! And we do live down a metal road (not tarsealed - you call them something else in USA) so our vehicles need lots of washing (no car wash places here) from muddy conditions(or the dust) even in the summer. Not the same as shovelling snow though.

Happy Christmas all and lots of happy eye days for 2006!!

Congratulations Di and family - you will be so busy now with that beautiful baby! It has been great following the big event and I was so pleased to see the pic!
        Cheers
        Dot
        When the going gets tough - the tough get going!

Comment

Oops!

Oops, after sitting in massive traffic today on the interstate and sweating my butt off (!) in 80 degree weather...I didn't think it could possibly get any hotter, but NO I just heard that Christmas Day is going to be 85 degrees!!! Can someone please send me some snow?!
          This up and down in the weather is killing my eyes!
          And talk about feeling like Christmas...p-l-e-a-s-e...I feel more like I'm in the Bahama's!

Comment

This up and down in the weather is killing my eyes!
            And talk about feeling like Christmas...p-l-e-a-s-e...I feel more like I'm in the Bahama's!
            Enough already! As I gaze out my window, everything is white. It was 6 degrees the other night. To even go to the mailbox, you must put on boots and a coat as a minimum. Then you hope you don't slide and fall on your keester. Back in the house with wet, sloggy boots and coat to take care of.

Our lakes are covered with ice. You'll not find a boat on inland waters now, only fishing shanties. Time to bring out my one pair of long johns.
            Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Wow! Honestly....that sounds beautiful!
              Happy Holidays,
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle
                Wow! Honestly....that sounds beautiful!
                Happy Holidays,
                Kyle
                Hi Kyle,

Yes you are correct it is very beautiful here in the winter just a little hard sometimes to appreciate as Lucy has mentioned. I live in the woods and the trees get a nice blanket of snow and really makes you want to go inside next to the fire with something to keep you warm inside. If you get me an address I will happily send you some great winter pictures and maybe a snowball to keep you cool while you wait in traffic on the highway. They promised a "continued white Christmas" this morning on the local weather. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
                Jeff

Comment

Jeff,
                  That is truly the sweetest thing anyone has said (or done) for me in a while. It actually almost made me cry (yea, I admit, I'm a little sentimental these days). You do paint such a great picture though. Are you a writer?
                  Isn't it funny how so many of us share our deepest fears about our eyes to each other...probably even more than we share to our family and immediate friends, but yet we really don't know that much about each other otherwise?
                  I truly appreciate you making such a nice gesture. Enjoy the Winter Wonderland!
                  Kyle

Comment

Hi Kyle my offer is actually quite selfish if you examine it closely. I figure if I use a flash for every picture it will melt the snow quicker.LOL
                    Seriously though I am very happy to do so. I used to track the ice storms down and get my photos when I was younger. Keep an eye on your mail boxes both snail mail and e-mail. Thanks for the kind words!
                    Jeff

Comment

We had a little progress today with "some" melting taking place. It had snowed here a lot, then stayed above freezing, snowed more............

I had to do a little of my "man chores" today when I went out and chipped some ice from our sidewalk. I can't wait for my hubby to get the cast off his leg so I can resume my Queenly status. Struggling with Herby Kerby in two feet of snow, dragging out to the road can take a toll on one's fingernails.

Seriously, glad for the melting so we can remove ice buildup on walks, roofs, etc. No, I didn't do anything with the roof this time.

Jeff and I live about a half-hour away by the sounds of things. It is hard to remember that some people think we are lucky to have the winter season and all that goes with it. I'll have to put my "good winter mood" into effect and try to appreciate all the beauty.
                      Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!
                        Lucy...I have had two snow days from school already and it isnt even January how about your state or are New Yorkers just scaredy cats. Sorry about you being demoted from queen because of your husbands cast...
                        Kyle I do have to admit the snow is awfully pretty when its first falling so that is the xmas card I am sending to you not the other stuff that goes along with it. Wishing everyone a pain free holiday.
                        Peggy

Comment

Winter scenes

Very beautiful winter (summer, spring, fall) pictures are taken daily and shared on lelandreport.com from Leland, MI. I receive their daily news report via email and love the pictures and ambience of the site. Hope you enjoy it:

http://www.lelandreport.com/index.asp?indate=12/18/2005
                          Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                          X