This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody tried USB humidifiers?

Hello! I have dry eyes symptoms for about a year now, since my lasik surgery. I've never tried humidifiers before, only tried to manage the dryness by using drops. But since being plugged 2 months ago, I began to notice that when the humidity air levels were naturally high (when it rained, for instance), my eyes felt better than when the weather was dry. Than I bought a really cheap humidifier, that's in reality a vaporizer - you put water in, it boils and the vapors come out. And it helps a lot, but has some downsides: it's a big box, not very movable, it's bound to cause an accident (I've already burned my arm when accidentally stretched over it and if it fell it will be boiling water all over the place), and it heats the enviroment - great for use in winter but umbereable in the summer.

Now I want to buy a cool mist humidifier, and I've been researching some models. I work in front of a computer most of the time, and it's where I need the humidity the most. So these USB humidifiers sound great - I even found a portable one, it works on AAA batteries too - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012UNXCO/

So I wonder if anyone has comments about this type of humidifier? Do they do the trick or are too small and weak to work properly? Does anybody use one of these at their workplaces? Is it efficient to humidify the space around you against an air conditioning turned on? Does it spill water so it could affect the computer where it's pugged in? Any insight would be helpful, thanks!
Working...
X