Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lowering computer monitor... but it causes another problem... help!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowering computer monitor... but it causes another problem... help!

As per Dr. Latkany's book, I've tried lowering my computer monitor so that I'm looking a bit downwards at it, rather than UP (as it was before).

With the computer monitor lowered, my eyes do a bit better, BUT, I get nasty muscle pains/spasms? on the left side of my neck (right where the neck meets the shoulder).

So... any solutions to THAT?? (other than raising my computer monitor again haha) I've tried adjusting the height of my chair, but it doesn't seem to help... bleh!

Has anyone else run into this?

I get neck spasms at the computer, too. I think it's from not moving my neck enough. Limit your time at the computer, and take short breaks. Do some gentle exercises for the neck by turning the head left and right, up and down. Some of the tension is probably in the shoulders and upper back, so you just have to keep adjusting your position until you find the right place.

C

Comment

I find it helps to look down but not bend my head down. I do develop a lot of tension in my shoulders and neck, but I find that keeping my head straighter helps. I also shrug and hold my shoulders up and back and I can really feel that, it seems to relieve some of the tension. This morning, those muscles are sore from too much computer use yesterday

Hope this helps.

Comment

hi

Hi SAAG,

I also advice to not sit in a room with air-conditioning as it chills the muscles. maybe just for the try, try to wrap the neck with some scarf to maintain good heat.
        Last edited by Yani; 15-Sep-2009, 03:59.

Comment

Thanks for all of the suggestions everyone!

I seem to have found a solution to my problem though:

I use my right hand for the mouse... I moved a small table right beside my desk chair, and put the mouse on THERE, instead of on the computer desk next to the keyboard. This seems to prevent the muscles on the left side of my neck from getting strained... YAY!

Not sure why this worked, but hey... I'm just glad that it did!

Comment

Working...
          X