Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown and Green??!!. Seriously though, i hope they improve comfort...

Comment

Hi abbygirl,

I guess not all onion goggles are created equally. The ones that Rebecca sells here on DEZ are really tight fitting for me and I think I have a small to medium sized face. You might want to give them a try. They fit my teen's narrow face really well

Comment

Has anyone gotten a prescription in Onion Goggles? Although I wear progressives, which cost a fortune, I thought of getting a pair with a single RX just around the house for when I"m on the computer or just doing stuff that i don't really need long distance for.

Brown and green sounds fun BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Hopeful2 View Post
          Hi abbygirl,

I guess not all onion goggles are created equally. The ones that Rebecca sells here on DEZ are really tight fitting for me and I think I have a small to medium sized face. You might want to give them a try. They fit my teen's narrow face really well
          Yeah, I found the same thing, and I have a smaller face. Back when I was using her onion goggles, I had to trim the foam to make them fit better.

Comment

There are two different fits of Onion Goggles - there's the original ones (black/green, white/green, pink/white, which are slightly smaller, and the Pro ones (tortoise or red) which are a teensy bit roomier. - Both styles are too tight on me to wear for more than about half an hour. Due to the curvature, in my experience they either fit or they don't as regards the foam seal - for some people they leave a big gap on top. Trial and error as far as fit goes since they're quite an inflexible frame type.

They're not designed to be Rxed and to date I don't think I've ever heard of anyone successfully putting Rx lenses in them.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

For those of you with small/narrow faces.. I have found the solution to Onion Goggles being too big. I had a glasses "repair" kit that I bought at Ace Hardware for about $1.50. The kit includes 2 very small black rubber bands. I slid one of those on each side of the glasses so they would fit into the glasses hinge. This made my goggles REALLY snug!! Now I have a great fit..now I just have to not look at myself!!!

Comment

Thanks for the size explanation. I saw a pair of grey ones on ebay that were nice looking. I was wondering if putting some of those magnifying lens on the Onion Goggles would work for reading glasses. Any thoughts?

Comment

Mewkiss....I think you are on to something!! Good luck!! I need glasses for distance.

Comment

Originally posted by abbygirl View Post
                    Mewkiss....I think you are on to something!! Good luck!! I need glasses for distance.
                    Now to figure out what size glasses. Off to ebay. I'll keep you posted. And what strength stick on lens.

Comment

Originally posted by Mewkiss View Post
                      Thanks for the size explanation. I saw a pair of grey ones on ebay that were nice looking. I was wondering if putting some of those magnifying lens on the Onion Goggles would work for reading glasses. Any thoughts?
                      I don't remember grey ones but they were producing an all black one for awhile (pro style/size)... then they discontinued, sigh. Re: magnifying lenses, absolutely. I know a lot of people who use the Optx2020 lenses on onion goggles - but due to the curvature they probably have to be trimmed to stay on reliably.
                      Rebecca Petris
                      The Dry Eye Foundation
                      dryeyefoundation.org
                      800-484-0244

Comment

Hi Rebecca. I'm on a mission to find out the difference between the two Onion Goggles. The "PRO" comes in Red and Tortoise Shell that I saw but I could not find the size so I emailed and Ebay seller. I think the smaller ones would fit me though and the grey I saw are the smaller size.

The next issue is to figure out what strength of Optx2020. I'm thinking I need the +300 because I'm old and my RX. They are available but on backorder. Trimming would be ok if they would work.

Meanwhile I might try some swim goggles and see if they fit under my glasses. I"m inside almost all the time so don't care much what I look like. Can't be worse then my red raccoon looking eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mewkiss View Post
                          The next issue is to figure out what strength of Optx2020. I'm thinking I need the +300 because I'm old and my RX. They are available but on backorder.
                          They've been on backorder for MONTHS so don't hold your breath... I've been trying to get more since the summer but they have some kind of equipment problem. Haven't talked to them lately but when I last did they were expecting them in December.
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                          X