This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adjusting Swim goggles

I got my swim goggles today to wear under my glasses. One clear and one tinted blue. The good news is they fit and I look so pretty!

I put them on with both straps in the back and it felt really tight with all this pressure on my face and head. Right now I have on strap hanging under my chin and loosened the one that goes around the back of my head so I can at least tolerate it.

How have others adjusted the straps so they are moderately comfortable?

I'll try the blue ones tomorrow since mornings are worse for me with heat and too much light.

Thanks

Mewkiss...sounds like we have tried the same things!!! I had trouble with the swim googles being too tight also so I took the plastic straps off of the googles and cut an elastic head band into thin sections and used those for the "band." Much more comfortable!! I have also used the strap from my night time goggles. Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi abbygirl. Well sort of figuring these out. What I did was loosen the strap with the hook and I will cut off the other strap leaving some room for adjustment.

I could barely wear them last night they were jamming into the bones on my nose. This morning I found the package of interchangeable nose things and found a wide one so that was so much better. I'm thinking of taking a piece of the strap I cut off and lacing that through the bridge to get even more room and more flexibility.

I do find that although my glasses fit over them the plastic distorts my vision too much when I'm on the computer.

But boy do they really help so when I don't need them to actually do stuff, these are great.

You still have hairbands?

Comment

@abbeygirl. I cut some of the rubber cord and laced it between the 2 lenses giving myself more room between them and it is SOOOO much better.

Besides that it is not jamming into my bones I'm getting an excellent seal. You might want to give it a shot.

Mew

Comment

Working...
        X