This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of life ... with Onion Glasses

The last 5 months felt like, well, sorta like what one might call hell. I posted several weeks ago in the newbie section ... Newbie looking for help, hope and support (http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...lp-and-support...)

Anyways, I finally decided to try the dreaded goggles and orderd the cheap onion goggles from the store here. Not that I am ready to celebrate or anything, but I finally feel like I have some relief

And I thought I would share that ...

Althought they are a bit tight (and I do have a small face) and may even be giving me a headache, my eyes feel somewhat normal.

Tomorrow morning I am going to goto Pearl Vision in town (they are very nice there) and ask them to adjust them bit so they don't hurt my ears and fit so tight.

If they work out, I will then navigate the path of prescription lenses. These are fine for computer work and reading (I can read again!). But for distance I need glasses ... and I just treated myself to a couple new pairs (we do what we have to ... to make ourselves content). I already read lots of posts on recommendations for better goggles (7eye, etc) so those posts were very helpful.

Once I get my eyes feeling a bit better, I can hopefully wind down the anxiety pills and depression meds, then work on my confidance to wear these goggles in public ... and I just may be back on the right path.

Well that's my plan for now anyway.

Thanks very much for those that have send me notes and suggestions and personal notes, I very much appreciate the help as I navigate these new waters.

Cheers,
    Tom

Glad to hear you found some relief Tom! I can tatally relate to you ...yes HELL is the right description! Most healthy eye folk will never understand!

Comment

Thanks Regina. I borrowed a pair of Oakley Wind Jacket glasses from my local store to see how I do with them for a couple days. They look a bit better and feel better then the onion glasses but are very expensive. But, you can easily swap out the lenses. I may get them and get a prescription set of lenses and keep the clear ones to use for reading and computer work.

Regards,
      Tom

Comment

Hi Tom,

You might consider checking out you local motorcycle stores. They typically stock Wiley and other manufactures. Some makes can take prescriptions. You really would need to try them on to see how well they seal around your face. The company 7eye makes some attractive prescription goggles ('airdam' I believe is the highest sealer).

Comment

Thanks Donia .... I have tried a couple different versions of the 7eye a couple weeks ago, they were great outside, but I could not test them inside as they did not have any with clear lenses. I am wearing my Oakley's now.... have been almost all day. After awhile they do bother my left cheek... so I will continue to explore options and may end up with a few different pairs in the end.

Thanks again for the advice.... much appreciated.

>Tom

Comment

Great news, Tom! I hope the good eye days continue.

Rose

Comment

Thanks Sammy ...

Here is a quick update. I purchased a pair of 7eye's yesterday. The model is Churada (which is a model within there airdam line). Although the glasses themselves were only 100 bucks the lenses set me back another 400 (yikes). I got transition lenses with anti glare so I can use them on my computer as well as outside. Shouldbe ready by next week. In the interim I am using the onion goggles and a pair of my snowboarding goggles when I work out.

I liked the Oakley's but they did not fit as well and the frames alone were a fortune (250 with the wind jacket).

It's a a bit cold and windy out today ... just chillin listening to some music try to pass the time and get by

Cheers,
              Tom

Comment

Working...
              X