This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glasses for dry eye

I have phoned all around the city and to no avail. I cannot get glasses for my dry eye. The wileyX's are too curved for my prescription which is a +8.25. I hate to order out of country, as if the glasses come and my prescription does not fit, then I have wasted time and money. I live in Calgary Alberta. We had booked a trip to Iceland for the summer but I am afraid we might have to cancel since this dry eye ambushed me and laid me out flat. Any ideas?http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/image...3/eek.gif:eek:

RE: making custom moisture chambers out of regular glasses

I posted some links on making custom moisture chambers from regular glasses here: http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...8225#post68225

I think that the trick to getting custom moisture chambers made from your regular glasses is to find an optician who is willing to experiment. My brother is an optician and he said he would try out SAAG's instructions to see if he can do it properly (the big stores always have some left over frames and lenses to use as guinea pigs).

There is also a paper from 1979 that explains the steps (see http://archopht.jamanetwork.com/arti...ue=7&page=1347). If you can't download the paper from the website, PM me your email address and I will send you the pdf.

It would be so sad to miss a trip to Iceland. It is at the top of the list of the best places on earth that I have visited. We need to make sure you are well enough to go!

Comment

I too have a 8.25 prescription in one eye. The other is 10 so i know exactly what challenge you face. I was able to get the optician at the local Walmart to follow Saag's instructions. they were great at helping me pick out a style that would work and then to custom fit them. Best of all, they said if I didn't like them, I could return them. Which, when you throw in the cost foe bifocals made them pretty expensive. You could also try over the glasses goggles. They come in clear or sunglass styles. I found a fair selection at Gander Mountain stores.

Best of luck. Hope you can make the trip.

Comment

thanks for the information. I have printed off SAAG's instructions and a PDF of the Arch Ophthalmol Vol 97, July, 1979. I will see if I can find someone to do this for me.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I downloaded the instructions for SAAG's instructions and I also printed off the steps from the paper from 1979. I will see if I can sell it to someone here in calgary.

Comment

Has any one tried seefit MEGs? I have tried to contact them but they do not seem to reply. I want to know if they will take a heavy prescription +8.25 and whether they ship to Canada?

Comment

Working...
            X