This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Glasses for Dry Eye

Has anyone used these glasses for severe dry eye: 7Eye by Panoptx Sedona Sunglasses. I found them on a website called HeavyGlare. Does anyone order from this company and what do you think? Having a desperate time with my dry eyes! And having a hard time accepting the fact that I am a young-ish mom that might have to look funny wearing glasses/goggles for dry eye! Thanks in advance, Ashley

Totally understand... I'm in my mid-thirties and wear Wiley X's with the clear lenses when I'm in my house, and the sunglasses version when outside, indoors when shopping etc. But just plow ahead with whatever you need to do to make your eyes more comfy - having your eyes feel better will more than likely help you feel better mentally also - so much easier to be happy when you're not in pain/discomfort all the time. It helped me to avoid looking in the mirror at first... I still avoid mirros a fair bit... why remind myself that I don't look like I used to, right? Easier for me to be myself when I'm not feeling self-conscious because of what I saw in the mirror haha You'll adjust... just plow ahead!

Comment

Ashley,

I completely understand. The only thing that brings me relief from my lasik induced dry eye is the onion goggles. I hate wearing them, but I have not found anything else for indoors. I wear 7eye moisture chambers sun glasses when outdoors and they work well. I have been trying to find an optician who can make the custom moisture chambers glases, but no luck yet. Anybody know of an optician in Texas or a state around Texas that makes these glasses?

Good luck Ashley. I am in my thirties and can relate.
      Bianca
      Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Hi Bianca,
        Where did you get your 7eye moisture chamber sunglasses?
        Thanks, Ashley

Comment

My husband ordered them from optics planet website. They are the 7eye Briza. He paid $89.00 for them. I think they work pretty good at keeping the air out of my eyes outdoors.
          Bianca
          Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Thanks! I'll check it out. I lived in Dallas for 4 years...have a lot of family in TX. Will check out the glasses, thanks! Ashley

Comment

Originally posted by kanon View Post
              Has anyone used these glasses for severe dry eye: 7Eye by Panoptx Sedona Sunglasses. I found them on a website called HeavyGlare. Does anyone order from this company and what do you think?
              There is nothing better than goggles to take away the pain/discomfort of dry eye.

I have a bunch of goggles - 7Eye Briza with photochromic lenses, 7Eye Gale (with airdam - not full seal), WileyXs (sunglasses, clear lenses, and Rx lenses) including Rout, Airborne, Airrage, and Brick frames.

In Canada and the US, most Harley-Davidson stores carry both 7Eye and WileyXs.

If you're wary of the website you posted, there's a WileyX location in the Netherlands:

BOS UNIQUE SALES
              Hoogakkerlaan 58
              Apeldoorn
              7314 EM
              Netherlands
              Phone: 0031-6-12637379
              Mail: info@wileyx.nl
              Web: www.wileyx.nl
              Reference: http://www.wileyx.com/ordering/inter...l_dealers.aspx

Comment

Wow! Thank you spmcc for the info about the WileyX in the Netherlands!

Comment

Wow! Thank you spmcc for the info about the WileyX in the Netherlands!
                  You're welcome.

And if you have Harley-Davidson stores in the Netherlands, you may be able to find WileyX *and* 7Eye.

This website might help: http://www.hd4sale.com/market-place/...nds/index.html

The important thing is to find a H-D store that sells *stuff* (in other words, not just the motorcycles but also the black leather etc!). It's such a good idea to try on a bunch of different makes and styles of moisture chambers before you take the jump of purchasing online sight unseen.

Comment

Has anyone used these glasses for severe dry eye: 7Eye by Panoptx Sedona Sunglasses. I found them on a website called HeavyGlare. Does anyone order from this company and what do you think?
                    I ordered some rx sunglasses from them a few years back and was fully satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X