X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive but nice-fitting goggles

Hello, DEZ!

Been a long time since I've paid a visit. This is good news for my eyes, but rather bad news with regard to my unbelievably busy schedule with all these crazy post-LASIK kids I decided to have ; )

I just wanted to share with all of you a product that has been working nicely for me...a goggle, in fact.

I have a small face and due to dry eye post-LASIK ten years ago now, require windless eyewear and dark lenses during the day when outside and driving. I am fortunate that I do not wear goggles in the house or at night. There was a time when I did.

I had been using for the last year a Harley Davidson goggle that I had picked up on sale years ago. But alas, my beloved Harleys finally wore out, and when I went looking for them online could not find them.

To my good fortune, however, a clerk in the Harley shop found several pairs for me (four years worth by my estimate) in their system and had them shipped to the store for me.

The style I am suggesting runs about $35 a pair, and are the perfect fit for my small face. Yes, there's a small HD logo on the side that I get comments on, but no orange flames. I should feel good about those comments since I truly think I'm a biker chick deep down...

But, instead I opt to just laugh off the comments. The alternative, of course, is to break down and tell the whole durned LASIK story.

Anyway, the frames are black, petite, foam lined, nice-fitting, inexpensive, sporty....not exactly Prada, but inconspicuous enough to please me. The item numbers on the box are: 98263-12VM (racetrack, black lens).

The very best of luck and prayers to you all.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Just ordered some Diana. Thank you from another small face!

Comment

Ooooh... bless you Diana. I am always being asked for suggestions for small eyewear (including former Viento wearers... sigh... those were the days!) so this adds another goodie to the arsenal.

So nice to see you! Enjoy those lovely kiddos!!
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Yes, I was such a happy Viento wearer. Was devastated to see them go. I have one last pair of white Vientos in prime condition thanks to the generous donation of our beloved "Lucy". These special goggles I hold back for road biking and the rare boating excursions. I have never found their equal, but was delighted to find a nice "everyday" pair in the Harley frame. Small faces are indeed special.

Good to see you too, Rebecca, and nice to be on the board! I'm glad it appears to be thriving, though my thoughts and prayers go out to those struggling.

Comment

Thanks Diana!

I am going to check into these. I have some 7eye goggles but I find the foam fabric to be really abrasive. I went biking a few few weeks ago with my sport wrap around sunglasses and the wind was still really irritating. . . I ended up squinting and landing on a pot hole. Walking back with the wind blowing about me was no fun. . . grrr . . . I still sometimes miss being able to take some things for granted . . . slowly getting used to the new way of living.

Comment

Do these fit over prescription glasses?

Comment

Please note that these Harley goggles are a very basic goggle. They do not have a strap, though I suppose you could make something work. They are great because they do a good job of protecting my eyes during regular daily activity. The size of the frame and the closeness of the foam sit perfectly on my face.

I could absolutely use only my old Panoptx Vientos for biking and windy sports. They were exceptionally well-designed for me and my kind of activity.

7 Eye and Wiley X currently do not make a goggle worthy of my buying, but I do look into their styles occasionally. Doesn't seem to be changing much.

Comment

My first pair were similar, Harley but the number was a bit different. They certainly look nice but unfortunately they didn't work for me because for one thing they were not available with prescription and for another my lashes (which are short) rubbed on the glass on the left. At the time I got them I was on holidays and desperate (didn't want to have to do Disney Land with my eyes closed) but they don't block the wind like my good old WileyX Bricks. For me the Harleys just didn't fit tight enough. I find that even on the Wileys I need to put tape over the little vent holes as even THOSE let in too much wind. No danger of ever fogging them up...in my dreams I guess.

Comment

Thank you for posting about these goggles. I'm very happy to have a good lead on a recommended frame with the foam lining. I've been wearing Polar Optic sunglasses because they have side panels and fit close to the face but they aren't adequate for outdoor wear.

I have dry eyes and Salzmann's nodular dystrophy with corneal aberrations. I hope to locate these goggles!

Thanks,
                  Blinks

Comment

Working...
                  X