This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Seefit" moisture chambers

Has anyone tried ordering from this website? I find it very frustrating. Their glasses look cool, like normal glasses. But you cannot order from Canada on line, and then when you call they don't return your calls. Occasionally a lady will reply to my emails, but she seemed to be the only one person working in that company. I've been trying to reach her for days !! So I'm not sure if my order was shipped or not, or even placed?? There was no confirmation!

I ordered a pair from there ages ago, and did receive them. Don't remember how I ordered it though (ie. via e-mail with them, phone call or on-line order form etc.) Keep at it... hopefully persistence will get you what you want in the end!!!

Comment

Thanks SAAG!! Finally, I got a reply from her. Seems like she "disappeared" for a few days and come back ??

Comment

who knows...if I recall correctly, back when I bought them myself, I'd seen threads here in the forums where others had commented on the irregular response times... sometimes hearing back fast, other times it felt like Seefit had dropped off the face of the planet haha Not sure what's up with that, but on the bright side, whenever I DID have contact with them, they were always very pleasant.

Comment

How did you like those glasses? Obviously you're not wearing them now. Were they comfortable? I only ordered the frame and will get the lenses locally.

Comment

They worked almost as well as my custom moisture chambers, but no-where near as well as my Wiley X's.

If I had my hair done nicely and a really good outfit on, I'd get compliments on my "funky" glasses... with blah hair and a blah outfit, I'd get no comments at all. lol I bought the brown side shields.

Comment

i REALLY like your comment: If I had my hair done nicely and a really good outfit on, I'd get compliments on my "funky" glasses...

Very often we forget that we can still look quite "decent" if we put on a good outfit, even with the funky glasses

Comment

Sunshine,

You will have to tell me how you like them. I ordered the Zenna oasis glasses and they are too large for my face. I have looked at the MEGs and I am thinking of getting some too.
                Thanks
                Bianca
                Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineinCalgary View Post
                  i REALLY like your comment: If I had my hair done nicely and a really good outfit on, I'd get compliments on my "funky" glasses...

Very often we forget that we can still look quite "decent" if we put on a good outfit, even with the funky glasses
                  At the time, I found the whole thing rather amusing - dress well, good hair, and pretending I had no idea I was wearing these unusual glasses brought on the compliments. (I'm sure there were plenty of people who thought they looked weird too, but THEY thankfully never said a word to me lol)

Especially surprising when people would comment that the glasses looked "very European"... as if I were some highly fashionable person, when all I was trying to do was baby my eyes. Was kind of a cool surprise though I must say...

Comment

HI Bianca,

I'll definitely let you know. They still haven't arrived yet, and when they do, I need to put the lenses in (I need prescription glasses). It may take another week.

Comment

SAAG,

I've learnt to become very positive these days (at least I try). For instance, when my co-workers passed by my office and saw my huge goggles (the ones with clear lenses), I'll just pretend nothing happened and smiled and say Hi. I think when I am less self-conscious, people find it easier to accept the new me!!

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineinCalgary View Post
                        For instance, when my co-workers passed by my office and saw my huge goggles (the ones with clear lenses), I'll just pretend nothing happened and smiled and say Hi. I think when I am less self-conscious, people find it easier to accept the new me!!
                        Such a good observation... I think when we act self-conscious, it makes other people less comfortable in turn... but if we behave as if this is normal, maybe it makes it easier for other people to be normal too...

And holy cow you're so brave to wear the huge goggles with clear lenses at work... the closest I've come is wearing my clear-lens Wiley X sunglasses... not because I'm light sensitive, but just because I feel more comfortable wearing THOSE in public than the clear-lens version I wear at home.

Comment

As some of you may know, I am located in Houston Texas. The developer of these lenses is Dr. Richard Yee. His wife helps him at the Cizek Eye Center. A part of the University of Texas. If I can help you to reach them, please let me know. I have no interest in the frames. I personally do not find them that stylish, but perhaps cuter than wiley x. I only check this occasionally...but you can look up Dr. Richard Yee on Fannin Street in Houston.
                          Hope this helps you reach a live human.

Comment

YOU're sooo sweet.

To be honest, I only wear them in my office. When I go out to meetings, I wear the normal glasses.

Comment

Hi everyone
                              I just got the ziena oasis glasses. they were quite big but i took them to my optomitrist and they heated them and adjusted the fit somewhat. I have a small head so all glasses are a bit big on me, even the wiley-x airrage. I wear the strap with those ones, especially if hiking or biking, otherwise they slide down a bit. same problem, although less of one, with the 7-eye briza. Having the prescription lens put in the ziena glasses so should be wearing them in a couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X