No announcement yet.

Custom moisture chambers in metro Atlanta area or anywhere within 100 mi radius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom moisture chambers in metro Atlanta area or anywhere within 100 mi radius

Any suggestions? I've searched just about everywhere. Contacted the seefit people (MEGs eyewear) several times to get the measurements on their glasses, left messages via phone and email, and no response whatsoever (grrrr). What is going on??? Any help would be appreciated. Kind of desperate right now.

I am wearing goggles every day around the house after work hours, but I really need something work appropriate for eyeglasses as I am in a very conservative office. Computer use is killing me without some kind of micro-environment. Thanks!

Hi no tears,

I am having the exact problem with glasses here in Dallas. Sorry I can not help you with the glasses in your area. One idea I had was calling different opticians in my area to see if they were knowledgeable with fabrication of this type of glasses. I found one guy who said he would try and I sent him some literature I found using a link on a post on this site. The site is dryeyepain.com and it has a lot of info. Unfortunately for me I still have been unable to get them made locally. Just a thought for you. I am actually thinking of traveling to Long Island to have some made by a guy named Scott Kornfeld. His name is on the dryeyepain website. I have spoken to him and he says he makes them all the time. I just need to see pics of the glasses. I want some made like SAAG posted on her blog. I wish you luck. Let me know if you find someone closer to you as I would rather travel the shorter distance to Atl than Long Island.
    Wish you the best,
    Bianca
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Thank you, Jax. I will continue my search here and if I uncover anything, I'll be sure to let you know! I mean, Emory Hospital does cornea transplants...you'd think this would be a relatively easy find in this area.

Comment

http://www.seefit.net/megscare.html
        You can buy this frame and have anyone put lenses into it.

Comment

Originally posted by jax8it View Post
          Hi no tears,

I am having the exact problem with glasses here in Dallas. Sorry I can not help you with the glasses in your area. One idea I had was calling different opticians in my area to see if they were knowledgeable with fabrication of this type of glasses. I found one guy who said he would try and I sent him some literature I found using a link on a post on this site. The site is dryeyepain.com and it has a lot of info. Unfortunately for me I still have been unable to get them made locally. Just a thought for you. I am actually thinking of traveling to Long Island to have some made by a guy named Scott Kornfeld. His name is on the dryeyepain website. I have spoken to him and he says he makes them all the time. I just need to see pics of the glasses. I want some made like SAAG posted on her blog. I wish you luck. Let me know if you find someone closer to you as I would rather travel the shorter distance to Atl than Long Island.
          Wish you the best,
          Bianca
          Hey Jax,no luck so far on custom moisture chambers, HOWEVER, I did find a dry eye frame that looks SOMEWHAT like regular glasses. It is by SportRX and it is called the Rider. The brown frames look somewhat like the trendier squarish frames people are wearing nowadays, and they work for small heads and high prescriptions. I got my "try on" pair today in the mail and if they work well over the next few hours, I will have the transitions lenses put in them so they can double as sunglasses. I will be wearing these for computer use, but probably not to meetings. They look sort of normal enough so that people won't stare.

Some features: wrap style but not readily apparent unless you have really short hair; they ARE very slightly vented, but I think I may try to plug the holes myself with some sort of glue-like material; comes with a very small strap for the back that you can easily hide under your hair to adjust the fit.

The customer service folks at A Sight for Sport Eyes are great, although I believe this model is available on other prescription eyewear sites as well.

Comment

My bad...Liberty Sports is the brand.

Comment

Working...
            X