Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, bakunin, I have plugs, the doc put them in without even asking in april because my eyes had so little tears. But I havnt felt any better. But who kniws, without may be it would be much worse....

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinelover View Post
      Yes, bakunin, I have plugs, the doc put them in without even asking in april because my eyes had so little tears. But I havnt felt any better. But who kniws, without may be it would be much worse....
      That's the worst thing about a medicine or treatment. When you stop it, because you are still very bad and think it is not working, and then find out that without it you feel even worse. I'm afraid it is happening to me. I stopped taking Triphala last friday (I think it was not working anymore), and now I'm feeling worse these last two days, eventhough the relative humidity is not low. I hope it is just coincidence.

Comment

Really? People stared?

I guess I'm used to seeing so much weird stuff in my neighborhood, I'm surprised anyone would care about clear Wiley Xs or onion goggles.

On any given day just at the grocery store I can see an older person wearing those dark post-cataract surgery glasses...or a dude with a mohawk...or a crime scene, lol.

You guys should move!!!

Comment

Originally posted by No tears in ATL View Post
          Really? People stared?

I guess I'm used to seeing so much weird stuff in my neighborhood, I'm surprised anyone would care about clear Wiley Xs or onion goggles.

On any given day just at the grocery store I can see an older person wearing those dark post-cataract surgery glasses...or a dude with a mohawk...or a crime scene, lol.

You guys should move!!!
          That's true.

I lived in a beach before. In that spirit of sunny days, among surfers, skaters, all kinds of sunglasses etc., my clear lenses Wiley-X attracted little attention in the few times I walked on the streets with it. When I walked wearing it in Sao Paolo downtown, which is a city with all weirds and "modern" fashion stuffs possible, nobody paid attention. But where I live now, despite it is a big city, I suppose people have a more "countryside approach" seeing a Wiley-X.

Comment

/////////////////////
            Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:09.

Comment

Originally posted by No tears in ATL View Post
              Really? People stared?

You guys should move!!!
              I love this attitude - it's not us that's weird, it's our environment that isn't weird enough!!

Comment

Got to be honest these posts make me grateful that my eyes are at a stage now where I hardly wear my moisture chamber goggles anymore. Still it would be great if someone could design some goggles that look less like alien eyewear!

Comment

Originally posted by robster View Post
                  Got to be honest these posts make me grateful that my eyes are at a stage now where I hardly wear my moisture chamber goggles anymore. Still it would be great if someone could design some goggles that look less like alien eyewear!
                  Agreed! And so glad to hear that you don't need moisture chamber glasses much anymore!

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
                  I love this attitude - it's not us that's weird, it's our environment that isn't weird enough!!
                  Yes, that's awesome!

Comment

Lol, guess that's always been my solution. When in doubt, just move to where it's weirder.

Comment

This thread was hilarious and I can so identify. It's kinda fun to be able to laugh at ourselves and know we are not alone. Maybe we need to start our own town, nobody allowed without the glasses!

I call those my raccoon glasses and wear them only driving in the dark or around my trusted friends. I lost my sunglass ones and had to wear my raccoon glasses day in and day out on a cruise ship no less. They do darken a bit in the sun but are still undeniably goggle like. I kept my sunhat pulled low and hoped no one would notice. Nobody stared overtly but I was very self conscious. I didn't get my new ones for 4 months (through no fault of my own) and had to wear them the whole time. I suffered a lot as I often made do with my fit over glasses in public. Now I have my new pair and wear them on a string around my neck, I am taking NO chances on losing these ones....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                        Maybe we need to start our own town, nobody allowed without the glasses!
                        Agreed! Somewhere warm and humid!

Comment

/////////////////////
                          Last edited by hankm9; 30-Oct-2016, 00:09.

Comment

Originally posted by hankm9 View Post
                            Great idea! Maybe we should just take over an island somewhere near Fiji/New Zealand.

We can all eat from the land, anti-flammatory diet. Not have to work, and can sleep in/sleep early, and wear shield glasses whenever we want hahahha
                            Funny you should say that... we just applied to immigrate to New Zealand... don't know if we'll get picked though, but we'll see.... Fingers crossed... I feel like having a bit of an adventure!!!

Comment

Hi all,

I know this is a month old thread, but I had to add. After I had lasik in January, I started wearing onion goggles in front of high school students and co-workers everyday. Talk about embarrassing!!! I finally had some custom moisture glasses made, but they are still odd. It is so hard to get past the appearance thing. Yet when you are in pain, you gotta do what you gotta do.
                              Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X