Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moisture-chamber for strong prescription...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture-chamber for strong prescription...

Hey all,

27 year old male suffering chronic dry eye, likely MGD-related. (My too-lengthy intro post has more info. )

About a month ago I gave in and bought the Guard Dogs Evader I Over-Rx goggles for dry eye protection. They beat the cataract-style over-glasses sunglasses I had been wearing, but, obviously, they're ugly and pretty prominent. I have two pair of the clear lenses and leave one set at work. They certainly help.

I think based on my research & the Dry Eye Shop that these (and the Evader IIs) are the only options for someone with my strength of eyeglass prescription, -13.00 in both eyes. However, I just wanted to check in and see if anyone has any other ideas/heard of new products.

Hang in there, everyone--we've all got to keep fighting every day.

http://www.rxframesnlenses.com/produ...roductid=20187

I am -8 in both eyes and I ordered these. You can always call the company selling the glasses and ask if they will make them in your prescription. I think the company I ordered from listed these as -6 max but I called and asked if they could do in higher prescription. They agreed to, with the caveat that they would look a little goofy. I didn't care, I was so desperate at the time.

They will be thick and hang outside the lens a little but will do the job of protecting your eyes if that's what you are after.

Comment

Thanks, no Tears in ATL--that's a great suggestion! (Sort of makes me go duh, I should have thought of that before!) I'll drop them an e-mail. I'll report any positive results.

Comment

Working...
      X