X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyewear for walking to work in the wind / office work

Hi

I'm considering buying some daytime eyewear this week. I've moved to a new job and the commute involves a 15 minute walk along quite a windy stretch of road. I would be looking for something cheap to protect the eyes from the wind but not too worried about appearance while walking to work.

The office also seems worse for aircon than my previous office. I would be looking for something to retain moisture, something reasonably cheap and something that looks reasonably normal. So I could end up purchasing two different pairs for walking to work / in the office.

I'm looking at dustbuster 2 or dustbuster 3 at the moment - not quite sure which one to get. I don't have to wear glasses so don't need prescription ready eyewear. I have a larger than average head so not sure whether version 2 or 3 of the dustbusters would be best for me.

My issue is blepharitis / MGD, and my most common symptom is gritty eyes. My consultant says my problem isn't severe though.

Any thoughts would be very welcome in the next couple of days!

Thanks
    Dave

They aren't terribly glamourous but you might check out Onion Goggles.

Comment

Kind of thinking Onion Goggles would probably be too tight for you... Dustbuster 2 seems to fit a pretty good range of people but definitely not everyone; might be worth trying. I haven't been able to get more dustbuster 3s just lately for some reason. But I was just in an email conversation with GuardDogs about a very similar alternative with thicker softer foam that has a removable eyecup (big advantage... you can change the eyecup instead of throwing away the glasses like people do regularly with the dustbusters). I haven't gotten any yet, didn't have time to follow up this week but if you want to look into it right away, call Guard Dogs, ask for Alex, and ask him about the Sidecar III. I don't see the product on their site so not sure if publicly available yet, might help if you tell him Rebecca sent you.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Thank you both, that is some useful info. Perhaps I will try the DustBuster 2 to start with and see how I get on. Then if I've got a few other options to try if that doesn't work out. Thanks, Dave

Comment

I worked with an outfit called Safevision. They sent me 6 pairs of frames to try. I paid with visa and when I returned them they credited my visa. I chose the Wileys but it was great to be able to try them without committing. I recommend this approach if you are not in a position to go to a store to try on different kinds. They weren't horribly expensive if you don't need a prescription but are a great fit and I can't live without them. They then made up prescriptions for me and tinted one pair, left the others varigrey. Those are not dark enough for me but I use them to watch TV at times and for driving in the dark....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by dijon84 View Post
            Hi

I'm considering buying some daytime eyewear this week. I've moved to a new job and the commute involves a 15 minute walk along quite a windy stretch of road. I would be looking for something cheap to protect the eyes from the wind but not too worried about appearance while walking to work.

The office also seems worse for aircon than my previous office. I would be looking for something to retain moisture, something reasonably cheap and something that looks reasonably normal. So I could end up purchasing two different pairs for walking to work / in the office.

I'm looking at dustbuster 2 or dustbuster 3 at the moment - not quite sure which one to get. I don't have to wear glasses so don't need prescription ready eyewear. I have a larger than average head so not sure whether version 2 or 3 of the dustbusters would be best for me.

My issue is blepharitis / MGD, and my most common symptom is gritty eyes. My consultant says my problem isn't severe though.

Any thoughts would be very welcome in the next couple of days!

Thanks
            Dave
            Go to ' 7eye.com '. Great looking sunglasses for 'dry eye' that protect your eyes from the elements. Available in prescription. I have a prescription pair on order now. I also have a plain non-script pair...the quality is excellent!

Regards,
            rppnj

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dry Eye Sunglasses_7Eye_Whirlwind_Dark Tortoise.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	155730
              Originally posted by rppnj View Post
              Go to ' 7eye.com '. Great looking sunglasses for 'dry eye' that protect your eyes from the elements. Available in prescription. I have a prescription pair on order now. I also have a plain non-script pair...the quality is excellent!

Regards,
              rppnj
              Tried to attach photo...not sure if it worked.
              rppnj

Comment

Thank you farmgirl and rppnj! I haven't got round to ordering any eyewear yet but will take a good look at the options in light of everyone's comments, at the weekend hopefully

Comment

Working...
                X