This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moisture Retaining Glasses/Sunglasses Seal

I purchased Wiley-X CURVE (Climate Control Series) because it said it was for smaller faces. Yes, it is small enough for my face but no complete seal. Lot's of air can get through underneath the sides of my nose.

Is foam supposed to form a complete seal around my eyes?

I can't seem to get it to form a seal...it will probably be OK for blocking wind or air conditioner, but doesn't seem form a complete seal.

I'm wasn't expecting them to fit like swimming goggles, they hurt my eye area, skin & leaves a bruise. (The swim goggles I bought were Speedo Air Lined) but hurt too much to wear.

I only get out of the house these days just to go to doctor's appointments. My eyes are too bad to drive.

Maybe there is a way to tweak the sunglasses somewhere? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't own any Wiley-x's, so I can't give you any advice there. But what I did was try on a LOT of wraparound sunglass frames (at various opticians', and at Walmart) and I eventually found one that fit my particular face quite snugly. So, using no foam, there is only a slight gap at the side of my face. The other 3 sides of the frame just happen to naturally seal at my eyebrows, cheeks, and nose. I bought a pair for sunglasses, and then I also bought a pair and just had clear lenses installed for indoors and cloudy days.

With your frames, I bet you could get a good seal with foam. But to be honest, I don't think you want a *complete* seal, or the lenses would fog up all the time. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by zuzu70 View Post
      I don't own any Wiley-x's, so I can't give you any advice there. But what I did was try on a LOT of wraparound sunglass frames (at various opticians', and at Walmart) and I eventually found one that fit my particular face quite snugly. So, using no foam, there is only a slight gap at the side of my face. The other 3 sides of the frame just happen to naturally seal at my eyebrows, cheeks, and nose. I bought a pair for sunglasses, and then I also bought a pair and just had clear lenses installed for indoors and cloudy days.

With your frames, I bet you could get a good seal with foam. But to be honest, I don't think you want a *complete* seal, or the lenses would fog up all the time. Good luck!
      Thanks! It makes sense that the moisture retaining sunglasses shouldn't make a complete air tight seal like the swimming goggles, since they do get foggy.

Comment

They should fit tightly as there are vents top and bottom in the seals to keep the glasses from fogging up. Even those vents provide too much air movement for me and I plug them off. I had a lady who was Asian try my Wileys on and they did not even come close to fitting her as her forehead was too flat relative to the curve on the Wileys. I would send them back and try to find a pair that fit the shape of my face better. When I bought mine online the company 'Safety Vision' sent me half a dozen frames to try. I charged them to my visa and they credited me back when I returned them. That works well if you are not in a place where you can source different types to try at a shop.....F/G
        Last edited by farmgirl; 01-Oct-2013, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
          They should fit tightly as there are vents top and bottom in the seals to keep the glasses from fogging up. Even those vents provide too much air movement for me and I plug them off. I had a lady who was Asian try my Wileys on and they did not even come close to fitting her as her forehead was too flat and the relative to the curve on the Wileys. I would send them back and try to find a pair that fit the shape of my face better. When I bought mine online the company 'Safety Vision' sent me half a dozen frames to try. I charged them to my visa and they credited me back when I returned them. That works well if you are not in a place where you can source different types to try at a shop.....F/G
          After I was told there are supposed to be vents so small amount of air can past through to prevent fogging, they work fine. I just have to adjust the way I put them on, so I will be shopping for something I can try on when my eyes heal well enough to go to stores & try on different styles.

I'm currently wearing Bandage Contact Lenses (BCL) because of corneal abrasions. Hopefully when they are removed I can go try on wrap around sunglasses. The BCL's are really uncomfortable. Thanks for writing!

Forgot...they make sunglasses/glasses that they actually say they are "Asian Fit" I can't remember where I saw it online, but it wasn't the foam seal type & all I found were very expensive "Combat SOS Goggles." I'll need the foam seal type of sunglasses when my eyes are really bad, I'm hopeful that I'll be able to wear a good pair of wrap around's after my eyes heal.
          Last edited by Almondiyz; 01-Oct-2013, 10:44. Reason: Added

Comment

I am hopeful for you...F/G

Comment

Working...
            X