This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regina View Post
    I have been using the clear ear wax for swimming on my glasses...as long as they have a thickish frame to stick the wax on...you can mold it to any face structure. I roll it into tootsie rolls and then press it on and squeezed into any desired height to fit my face. Easy fix and replaceable.
    Hi Regina,
    thanks for sharing that.
    I din't know if it is asking too much, but if you can post a picture I wuld very thankfull.

Comment

Originally posted by bakunin View Post
      It's a strange feeling when you know that if you lose or break the glasses that keep you functional you can't get another one.

I don't think we (dry eye sufferers) are a big market for Wile-X (if much, 1% of their sales I would guess). But, seriously, I think we should write something, as a group, to Wile-X, asking them to, at least, return the option for the larger foam in the market.
      Wow, I managed to miss this too while I was browsing the thread! Sorry about that. I think it's a GREAT idea. The more voices the better.

Wiley's market is heavy emphasis on military, and male. I'm sure they know that a lot of dry eye folks buy their Climate Control series but they've never shown the kind of interest that 7Eye has in actually developing stuff for folks with dry eye or at least listening to and trying to meet our needs (like maybe coming up with a frame that is not a variation on the theme of black). But maybe if we keep at it, we can make more of a dent.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

UGH.

I got everything they had left of AirRage and Brick - which were VERY few - and I've sold them already before they've arrived. They say they would be able to do a run of them for me... if I can order a few hundred at a time, and >2 months lead time (made overseas, etc)... Not having heaps of cash sitting around gathering dust, I won't be able to anytime soon but at least it may still possibly be an option for the future. Or if there's any fairy godmother reading that would like to be part of resurrecting the old eyecups, I'm all ears
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

I purchased a pair of Airrage last week upon everyone's suggestions, and wondered how others got this to seal as on my face it wasn't even close. I ended up taking replacement pads from tranquileyes and cutting them to the right shape. Then I stuck that right on top of the airrage foam. Still not a complete seal, but at least there are no obvious gaps.

I've been trying out the tranquileyes replacement pads on other patches and sunglasses, but unfortunately I can't quite get them to stick well so far. Even double sided tape doesn't hold. I have trouble getting them to even stay stuck to the tranquileyes goggles. Sigh.

Comment

Try Scor-Tape called sookwang available at crafting places, particularly scrap booking or card making places. I use it to repair my foam inserts that are falling apart and it works really well. It comes in varying widths but the 1/4" works the best. It is VERY sticky and doesn't loose it's stickiness easily. I cut small pieces and use it to block off the air vents in the Wiley inserts as well. There is an address on the package www.scor-pal.com if you can't find it locally....F/G

Comment

Good news! Wiley has thankfully done a 180 and they are going to continue providing original "thick" AirRage gaskets after all. I don't know timing or details yet but I'll let you know.

L8rgator, sounds like the AirRage doesn't fit you very well - those framestyles have to be "just so", what fits one person like a glove has huge gaps on another. Re: retrofitting more foam on it, another adhesive people sometimes use is the kind you can get from drugstores for attaching false eyelashes. No glue is great around the eyes, and those kinds have formaldehyde, but at least it's 'supposed' to be more eye friendly than some glues.
              Rebecca Petris
              The Dry Eye Foundation
              dryeyefoundation.org
              800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
                Good news! Wiley has thankfully done a 180 and they are going to continue providing original "thick" AirRage gaskets after all. I don't know timing or details yet but I'll let you know.
                Wonderful news!!

Comment

How about the Brick, my principal glasses are bricks...F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                    How about the Brick, my principal glasses are bricks...F/G
                    That's also my question. I have two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by ebel View Post
                      That's also my question. I have two of them.
                      Same here

Thanks for all your efforts with this Rebecca.

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                        Wonderful news!!
                        2!!!

Thank you Rebecca!!!

Comment

Hi -all ... I have been following this thread as I wear AirRage every waking minute ... and have two pairs of prescription glasses. This is really AWESOME news Rebecca!!! Please let us know when they will be available.

Will you carry them in your store or do we get them directly from Wiley?

Thanks,
                          Tom

Comment

I'd like to know when we can get them also. The default new design that came with mine are just no good.

I got and tried the scor-tape, but it didn't stick for me at all. But that was on USED foam (that fell off), so maybe it was too oily and I will try buying some new ones to test. I still need to get some eyelash glue and try that.

My doc says I have big "deep set eyes", so it's a struggle to find anything that fits. Plus I have lost a bit of fat where I broke the bone right at the corner, so I have even more of a dip that usual. Even the tranquileyes foam (regular size) is really too small to line other glasses with. And the large is ENORMOUS! I've been thinking about other things I could try to make a custom fit seal. I was thinking about looking for some biocompatible silicone compound, or special effects type compounds and see what I can come up with. I think if I could find something like that, the Quartz might work work for me. Right now they are too small, and the bottom edge is too sharp. But they come the closest to having a shape. I wish the shape was much more like the tranquileyes, with a nice lip. That would allow for foam, or just be more comfortable even without.

Comment

Originally posted by regina View Post
                              I have been using the clear ear wax for swimming on my glasses...as long as they have a thickish frame to stick the wax on...you can mold it to any face structure. I roll it into tootsie rolls and then press it on and squeezed into any desired height to fit my face. Easy fix and replaceable.
                              Regina sent me a picture of it, and asked me post it because she wasn't managing to do it. So here it goes:Click image for larger version

Name:	regina glasses.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	975.6 KB
ID:	155754

Comment

Dear L8rgator: If you are trying to stick the foam to the rim I use Inkessentials Glossy Accents, again available at crafting stores. www.rangerink.com Place the foam where it should go and don't disturb it for at least an hour. It sets fairly quickly but to be on the safe side you want to make sure it is good and dry. I usually do mine at the end of the day and leave them overnight. I thought you were trying to stick the cloth cover to the foam. That is what separates first on mine. Then the foam separates from the frame near the nose piece. Sorry I should have asked before I told you to use scor tape....F/G

Comment

Working...
                                X