X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiley X Foam Insert - New Design?

Hi there

Haven't posted in ages, and don't keep an eye on the forum these days, so apologies if this has already been covered.

Over the years, I've bought 3 pairs of Wiley X Brick googles - 1 polarized and 2 just dark. I bought a pair on clear lense Bricks from wileyx.eu and I immeadiately noticed that the foam insert was different. Specifically, much less foam to the point it doesn't work now for my face.

Is this a known change or simply because the clear bricks are not considered climate control maybe?

I plan to contact WileyX.eu but I thought I would check here also.

Pics attached showing new insert and old (but unused) insert. Doesn't look as much difference in the pics as does when you examine it in your hands.
    Attached Files

What a bad news.

I purchased two removable facial cavity seal for Wiley-X Airrage, two months ago, and for my surprise they had much less foam them the originals. They were very thin, so they don't seal in my face (so I keep using the old ones). But I didn't think the new glasses were coming with that thin foam! What the hell. It's a matter of surviving for me

Comment

Seriously, I can't survive without these things. I just patched up the old ones so I hope they hang in there. I do have one spare but it doesn't fit the glasses well, you could throw a cat through the crack at the top and I need to plug even the little air holes...yikes!!...F/G

Comment

I totally depend on my Wiley X AirRage's... hope it was just a bad set of facial cavity seals, and not an intentional design change!

Hmmm... if it was a mistake, the mere fear of having the AirRage model changed so it no longer fits makes me think maybe I'd like to order 10 pairs haha... keep them in a secure vault until needed. But if the design did change, well, then all the new pairs in the world won't help me one bit, will it!

Edit - couldn't see your pics very well in my browser, so saved them to my desktop and just got a proper look at them - all I can say is freaking hell!!! The new foam is a LOT thinner. @!#$%@%$@%$!!!!!!! I sure hope this is a mistake, and not what they are going to look like from now on Just when I feel like I am trucking along here, figured out how to survive like this, now not knowing if I can keep getting the eye protection I need to function is a terrible. frig. frig. frig.

Ok... freak out over.

I e-mailed Rebecca to ask if this is a mistake or for real... sent her a link to this thread too, so hopefully she'll have a chance to reply!
        Last edited by SAAG; 17-Oct-2013, 21:42.

Comment

I hear you SAAG and I repeat &^%&$#@#*&^!!!!! Just wasn't sure if I could swear on the forum lol....F/G

Comment

Thanks for all the replies.

I'll be honest, I was hopin someone would simply say it was just for the Brick Clear range - not Climate Control. Or maybe just in the EU and not the US?

I've no idea why they've done this.

Sorry about the pics - depending on your browser you can right click and choose view image.

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
              I hear you SAAG and I repeat &^%&$#@#*&^!!!!! Just wasn't sure if I could swear on the forum lol....F/G
              Well, it's fake swearing right? lol

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
                Well, it's fake swearing right? lol
                No honest, I was really swearing, I just had the mic turned off and that is what came out....F/G

Comment

Originally posted by farmgirl View Post
                  No honest, I was really swearing, I just had the mic turned off and that is what came out....F/G
                  LMAO! Too funny! What program are you using?

Comment

It's a strange feeling when you know that if you lose or break the glasses that keep you functional you can't get another one.

I don't think we (dry eye sufferers) are a big market for Wile-X (if much, 1% of their sales I would guess). But, seriously, I think we should write something, as a group, to Wile-X, asking them to, at least, return the option for the larger foam in the market.

Comment

What say Rebecca? any thoughts?

Comment

Hi guys,

Sooo sorry I didn't see this sooner!! Got SAAG's email but hadn't gotten around to it till this morning. Sigh.

Checked with Wiley and they say they made a slight change to the eyecup to make it lower profile BUT longer lasting. Said they've hardly had any negative feedback about the change till I brought up the fit issue for the dry eye folks here. They had a few left... which (assuming they're left in the morning... I got back to the office late after a meeting) I am hoping to snap up and I will hoard them here for people who really need them. If that's you, PM or call me (or if you already have, apologies, I'm behind as usual). If there are more of you out there who have tried the new seals and aren't getting the protection you need, please post here... I want some way to gauge how much impact this is having. I'll keep in dialogue with Wiley about this... if they can do a special order for example of the old ones that we can keep around in the dry eye shop I'll certainly try.
                        Rebecca Petris
                        The Dry Eye Foundation
                        dryeyefoundation.org
                        800-484-0244

Comment

Thanks again Rebecca for all that you do! So much appreciated!

Comment

i'm planning to order some tomorrow, hopefully my supplier still has the old ones. I know that I need to shove them tight against my face often...F/G

Comment

I have been using the clear ear wax for swimming on my glasses...as long as they have a thickish frame to stick the wax on...you can mold it to any face structure. I roll it into tootsie rolls and then press it on and squeezed into any desired height to fit my face. Easy fix and replaceable.

Comment

Working...
                              X