Protective Glasses...need opinions, advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protective Glasses...need opinions, advice

Could I get advice on the best protective glasses to buy from satisfied forum members. I'm thinking of buying Panoptx..do they come in perscription? Is the removable cup the best? Right now I have some form fitting motorcycle glasses that I had clear lenses (perscription) made so I can drive without the air cond making my eyes dry..they work but the FOG UP. This is a real problem I want to avoid. Advice? Thanks

Family man, I have Panoptx in RX and even with progressive bifocals! I'd highly recommend the ones with removable foam cups. I can wear the goggles without the foam if I like. Sometimes when I'm wearing the goggles and go from an outdoor situation, I can remove the foam and not look quite so conspicuous. Of course, the moisture escapes more without the foam, but it's nice to have the choice.

I have had the lens fog, but very infrequently. I live in northern climate so am going from below freezing (sometimes below zero ) to indoors.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

thanks

thanks for the reply...does panotx glasses come in different sizes? Where did you buy yours?

Comment

I bought mine from Panoptx, but had my ophthalmologist work directly with them for the prescription.

Trick is to go to a local dealer and actualy try frames on. I went to the local Harley Davidson dealer to see what was available. Fit is important and probably best not left to just looking online, or taking our advice. An actual try on is recommended. That is the first step, get the name of a frame that will fit your face. It was sort of tricky to deal with Panoptx and my doc as he was not accustomed to working with them. Most probably are not, but you need to educate him/her.

I was in a pickle because Panoptx needed the frames measured for my progressive bifocals and the optical department associated with my ophthalmologist would NOT do this for me. Since they were not selling it, they wouldn't take responsibility. I took the frame to another optical office where a friend worked and they worked on marking it for bifocals. If you don't require bifocals, all this does not pertain to you. I only mention it because I was at a loss on how to get this done! The doc can't do it because he is not an optician! He doesn't own the shop he works with and they flat out wouldn't help me although I've been a customer for 30 years!
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I own about 6 pairs of Panoptx glasses, some which have a prescription in them. These glasses are my #1 dry eye survival tool. I have only one pair (my favorite ones) that are constantly fogged up. I contacted Panoptx about anti-fogging spray and they said don't use it. The recommended simply rinsing the lenses with cool water and that would fix the problem. Of course it did not, they fog up continuously still. They are the best fitting ones I have so I'd have to say it is because I am getting a really good seal with the foam gasket against my face.

Comment

Working...
          X