Reading glass type goggles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading glass type goggles?

Have any of you found reading glass type goggles or safety glasses in a 3.25 strength? I've been able to find things up to a 3.00 but no 3.25. I'm having trouble reading because of the dry winter air. I don't want to buy prescription (expensive) goggles because my vision is changing so rapidly. And I have prescription eyeglasses with the side shields. But they are so uncomfortable (heavy) that I don't wear them unless we are leaving the house and I will need to see things around me (peoples faces, chairs, door jams ) I've been using a pair of OTC reading glasses but I need some way to keep some of the air out. Any help would be appreciated.

Billye

I had a pair of Panoptx glasses made for reading only and they have been the only thing that helps me read and work to get through the day. I realize though that this is more than you want to spend. I paid about $250 for this pair, reading only prescription.

Comment

Billye, you might want to consider the Eaglevision acrylic thing which you can put over ordinary reading glasses. First time I saw them was on a lady at a Sjogrens support group meeting. They were a lot less noticeable in person than they look in the picture (see this link & scroll way down to the bottom of the page). I believe you can only get it through opticians though.

I think there's one or two other products like this on our eyewear page.

Also met someone who simply fit weatherstripping around the inside of their glasses. It was very discreet, and worked.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Eagle Vision Side Shields

I've actually used the Eagle Vision Side Shields. But be forewarned. You don't want to have this done by someone who isn't experienced. My optician wasn't. It actually broke the frame when he did it. It does work tho! (We held the glasses together with small rubber bands so I could try them) And doesn't look bad at all. Just be sure the optician is experienced. This fortunately was an old frame and I was not afraid to experiment with it. He wasn't willing to try again with the new pricey frame. I now have side shields on these expensive prescription glasses I have, but the size of my computer screen and the strength of the glasses are not compatible.

I own two pair of the Panotyx but neither of them have prescription lens. No local doctor carries them. I was just hoping for a cheap fix to this problem. Looks like there isn't any.

Thanks for the good suggestions and I'll think about them again when I'm not in such a rush.

Billye
        Last edited by Silverlady; 08-Nov-2006, 11:54.

Comment

Working...
        X