Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

-2.75 prescription in 7eye or Wiley X glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -2.75 prescription in 7eye or Wiley X glasses?

I have a pair of 7eye glasses and want to put a -2.75rx in them. I initially had a lab do this, but due to the thickness of the polycarbonate needed for this prescription, as well as the fact that the curvature required is an "8-base", the outside edges did not fit flushly into the frame. From what I understand, unless I went with an aspheric or 1.67 hi-index lens, this is always going to be the case.
    Has anyone here with a similar prescription had this done with good results, and if so, what optical lab did you have do them? The quoted costs I have researched are all quite high, and none of these places can seem to guarantee that the outside edges of the lenses will fit entirely within the frame. It's always something

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
    I have a pair of 7eye glasses and want to put a -2.75rx in them. I initially had a lab do this, but due to the thickness of the polycarbonate needed for this prescription, as well as the fact that the curvature required is an "8-base", the outside edges did not fit flushly into the frame. From what I understand, unless I went with an aspheric or 1.67 hi-index lens, this is always going to be the case.
    Has anyone here with a similar prescription had this done with good results, and if so, what optical lab did you have do them? The quoted costs I have researched are all quite high, and none of these places can seem to guarantee that the outside edges of the lenses will fit entirely within the frame. It's always something
    My prescription isn't as high as yours so I'm not sure if this is helpful, but I had my 7eye done at a Harley Davidson's store. They have a lab that they send the glasses to and then they send it back with the lenses. It looks like my frames have room for a thicker lens than the one that is in there. You might want to call the lab that they use and ask. I think I paid an extra 100 or a bit more for the prescription lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
      "Try ADS Eyewear out of Richardson, Texas. They guarantee everything and will even let you try the glasses first. They charge for the frame but not the lenses until you are happy" I am about to order another pair from them. This can all be done via mail order - or call them - I found them online and have had excellent service"

Comment

Working...
      X