Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Anti-Fog spray/cream for Moisture Chamber glasses?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Anti-Fog spray/cream for Moisture Chamber glasses?

Hello all - just asking members here for recommendations on what you have found to the most effective anti-fog spray, cream or paste for the various 7eye or Wiley-X glasses? I have several pairs of 7eye glasses, as well another close fitting frame with gasket, and although one of these glasses claim that the lenses are treated with anti-fog (at least on one side), I continually have issues with all of them fogging up more frequently than I feel they should. The one thing I have not tried though is using any kind of anti-fog spray/cream/paste. Any recommendations for a product that works well (and does not irritate our very sensitive eyes) would be most welcome.

Originally posted by MGD666 View Post
    Hello all - just asking members here for recommendations on what you have found to the most effective anti-fog spray, cream or paste for the various 7eye or Wiley-X glasses? I have several pairs of 7eye glasses, as well another close fitting frame with gasket, and although one of these glasses claim that the lenses are treated with anti-fog (at least on one side), I continually have issues with all of them fogging up more frequently than I feel they should. The one thing I have not tried though is using any kind of anti-fog spray/cream/paste. Any recommendations for a product that works well (and does not irritate our very sensitive eyes) would be most welcome.
    I've tried a few for my Wiley-X and they dont work very well. I ended up sending the pair back to the lab and they added a professional anti-fog layer which was very expensive, but it worked better than the sprays. For me this is not really an issue right now, but in the winter, especially when I'm driving they constantly get fogged up. My 7-eyes don't really fog up because they let more airflow in.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD30 View Post

I've tried a few for my Wiley-X and they dont work very well. I ended up sending the pair back to the lab and they added a professional anti-fog layer which was very expensive, but it worked better than the sprays. For me this is not really an issue right now, but in the winter, especially when I'm driving they constantly get fogged up. My 7-eyes don't really fog up because they let more airflow in.
      What kind you get?
      There is the type that allow AR coating ( FGC ) that needs to be maintained with spray that contain alcohol and no maintenance type (DFC ) without AR coating.
      Does the spray effect sensitive eyes?
      Has the coating lasted?

Comment

Originally posted by dryeyekat View Post

What kind you get?
        There is the type that allow AR coating ( FGC ) that needs to be maintained with spray that contain alcohol and no maintenance type (DFC ) without AR coating.
        Does the spray effect sensitive eyes?
        Has the coating lasted?
        Its called IC No-Fog. It does say that it needs to be maintained with solution which i havent really been doing. The spray did not bother my eyes and I cant really tell if the coating has lasted since if it did diminish I would assume it would be a slow progression. I was only able to tell a difference in the beginning when I tried the glasses with and without that layer. Even with the coating the glasses will fog up though. I wear my glasses all of the time so for me it was worth it to pay the extra $100 dollars even though it made a small difference.

Comment

Working...
        X