No announcement yet.

Your Opinion on Best Moisture Chambers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Opinion on Best Moisture Chambers?

I have post-lasik goggles--absolute best for pain relief, and best for trying to scare children and weird people out.

I just spent $220 in total on a pair of Ziena Verona (including getting the bifocals put in) and I am disappointed. They help me less than dustbusters. They were my attempt at looking normal, and I guess for a short meeting with professionals of an hour or less, they take the edge off, and that's it.

I was going to try for 7eye airshields but I don't want to waste a bunch more $$. They are the only ones that come with bifocals built in, which saves $$. But the Cape are adjustable size, which means they fit large faces too. so my concern is there will be a gap on the sides due to large width where they (might) stick out on both sides of my small face.

What comes closest to post-lasik goggles and also takes rx or comes with bifocals? For a small face? (I tried to attach a photo but it didn't work. Will keep trying. You can see the gap on the left side.)
    Last edited by willow26; 30-Aug-2015, 19:19.

I'm not sure about bifocals but both 7eye and wiley x have prescription lenses. When I bought mine, I spent a lot of time trying on all of the different models for each. Everyone's face is different so I would suggest you do the same before you buy anything. I have a small face and ended up buying wiley-x curve (transition) and 7 eye churda (sunglasses). They both have their advantages and disadvantages but I really only use the wiley-x since I can use them indoors, and my eyes are so bad that I have to keep them on all of the time.

Comment

thank you. I think I will do that

Comment

Since you are in Colorado, you might want to try Sports Optical. They have a decent selection of these hard to find frames that you can try on.

Also, I'm sure you've read about scleral lenses on this site. If your interested in checking those out without going out of state I recommend getting in touch with dr ward at highlands ranch optical. I do not have lenses for him (mine are from dr gemoles in Dallas which I've recommended plenty on another thread ) but I did have an eye exam with him and in my opinion he deffinately knows his stuff when it comes to sclerals. Best knowledge (and I presume skill) that I've found locally to date.

Comment

Willow,

Thanks for introducing a good topic. I've used Insert Image to include a photo of MC glasses that I use--if the image is not here in the final msg, I'll keep working on it. For indoors or nighttime, nothing beats homemade MC side panels on plastic frames (lower left in the photo). In sunshine, Wiley X wraparound dark glasses are very good. The newer MEG style glasses (far right) will stop a little dust but don't suit my needs at all.

MC side panels are available from:

Scott
          Sjkornfeld [sjkornfeld@aol.com]
          516-681-3937
          $10 per pair plus shipping.

Edit--Continuing to work on Image--not loading into DEZ. To view Image of MC glasses, please try using this link to a Microsoft Outlook One Drive account:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=folder%2cJPG
          Last edited by Bill Sonoma County; 11-Sep-2015, 10:51. Reason: insert image failed

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Sonoma County View Post
            Willow,

Thanks for introducing a good topic. I've used Insert Image to include a photo of MC glasses that I use--
            thank you. those are very interesting

Comment

I've just checked out the moisture chamber side panel material supplied by Scott Kornfeld. It is the real stuff, same as used to be supplied by Eagle Vision. As mentioned above, IMO if you want the best moisture chamber for indoor and night time use, get a pair of large plastic frame glasses and install these panels. Installation is a challenge. Mr. Kornfeld is an optician. You could contact him regarding having the installation done.

Comment

Originally posted by MGD30 View Post
                I'm not sure about bifocals but both 7eye and wiley x have prescription lenses. When I bought mine, I spent a lot of time trying on all of the different models for each. Everyone's face is different so I would suggest you do the same before you buy anything. I have a small face and ended up buying wiley-x curve (transition) and 7 eye churda (sunglasses). They both have their advantages and disadvantages but I really only use the wiley-x since I can use them indoors, and my eyes are so bad that I have to keep them on all of the time.
                I use the Churada --Panoptx--and it fits my small face.
                Is the Wiley X Curve a small frame? (There are no glasses stores where I live that have moisture chamber glasses that I can try on. I live on an island. So I have to make an online purchase before I can try them out.)

Comment

At our local optician it's possible to have any frame 3d printed with various different finishes on them.
                  Just recently saw a few examples and i have to say they really look good.
                  I think this new technology offers a lot of opportunities. For instance,you can now buy a pair of custom made moisture retaining glasses that do not look too weird for reasonable prices i guess.
                  I'll go to this optician shortly to discuss what the options are for this purpose..

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberly View Post

I use the Churada --Panoptx--and it fits my small face.
                    Is the Wiley X Curve a small frame? (There are no glasses stores where I live that have moisture chamber glasses that I can try on. I live on an island. So I have to make an online purchase before I can try them out.)

I dont think they sell the curve anymore. The smallest they have now is the wiley-x airrage. I just purchased a pair and I actually like it better than the curve.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick View Post
                      At our local optician it's possible to have any frame 3d printed with various different finishes on them.
                      Just recently saw a few examples and i have to say they really look good.
                      I think this new technology offers a lot of opportunities. For instance,you can now buy a pair of custom made moisture retaining glasses that do not look too weird for reasonable prices i guess.
                      I'll go to this optician shortly to discuss what the options are for this purpose..
                      What is the name of the place that does this? Where is it?

Comment

Originally posted by MGD30 View Post

What is the name of the place that does this? Where is it?
                        I live in The Netherlands.

Comment

Working...
                        X