Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moisture chamber seal.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Moisture chamber seal.

    With moisture chamber seal glasses is it highly unlikely that the seal around the glasses will be in full contact with you face without any gaps? I have just purchased some tranquileyes glasses and the gasket isn't fully in contact with my face all the way around.

  • #2
    There would always be some gaps with the commercially manufactured moisture chamber glasses because everyone has different 3-D facial contours and it's very unlikely that the design of the eyecups would match one's facial features perfectly. But that doesn't mean that the tiny gaps would make the thing useless. From my personal experience I can say that the ziena nereus doesn't provide a perfect seal around my orbits yet it significantly blocks air drafts and reduces the rate of evaporation of my tears. So ideally you should get a model of MCG that would be the closest to a perfect fit. Depending upon your location you may order 2-3 different frames and put on them to see which provides the best fit. If you are outside US I would advice you to go for nereus if you don't have a small face. Unfortunately I don't have experience with tranquileyes.

    Comment


    • #3
      I got my ziena neures and no there are some spaces but like milo says it does a pretty good job regardless. And plus you donít have to look like a complete weirdo wearing goggles in public. Mine would fit better if I had ear grips as it does slip down a fair bit allowing air through the top but at home I mostly wear my other chambers as theyíre better for eye protection but I definitely became a laughing stock in public when I put them on for 5 seconds they were all smirking and pointing at me.... fun times

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Topher3 View Post
        I mostly wear my other chambers as theyíre better for eye protection but I definitely became a laughing stock in public when I put them on for 5 seconds they were all smirking and pointing at me.... fun times
        This is not fair. Nevertheless don't let others disturb the peace of your mind and the quality of your life. Your eyes are more precious than what others think of your appearance. They would be tired of smirking or laughing at you after a month. Everything would be fine once they figure out the reason behind you wearing these glasses. And trust me within a decade you will see most people around you wearing these kinds of frames. So you would be the trend setter!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

          This is not fair. Nevertheless don't let others disturb the peace of your mind and the quality of your life. Your eyes are more precious than what others think of your appearance. They would be tired of smirking or laughing at you after a month. Everything would be fine once they figure out the reason behind you wearing these glasses. And trust me within a decade you will see most people around you wearing these kinds of frames. So you would be the trend setter!
          Thanks, it is hard do not let others affect me, self confidence takes a hit understandably but I get what you mean. humans are pretty shallow people lack empathy until the reason is known. I donít blame them for it, I get it. but it does suck, gotta keep moving forward tho.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

            Thanks, it is hard do not let others affect me, self confidence takes a hit understandably but I get what you mean. humans are pretty shallow people lack empathy until the reason is known. I donít blame them for it, I get it. but it does suck, gotta keep moving forward tho.
            You know I have been mentally to the point (suicidal) that I honestly believe life is only about happiness. If you let your happiness depend on others you will have a hard time. If the moisture chamber glasses are making a difference for you then you should be extremely happy that you have some means to be functional again. Forget about the outside world for now and it might be the case that a few months or a year of wearing the MCGs could restore your meibomian gland functionality and you wouldn't need to wear them forever.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

              You know I have been mentally to the point (suicidal) that I honestly believe life is only about happiness. If you let your happiness depend on others you will have a hard time. If the moisture chamber glasses are making a difference for you then you should be extremely happy that you have some means to be functional again. Forget about the outside world for now and it might be the case that a few months or a year of wearing the MCGs could restore your meibomian gland functionality and you wouldn't need to wear them forever.
              Thanks man, I really appreciate the positivity. Sometimes itís hard to be positive to myself, I have withdrawn a lot over the past year. I donít see my family or friends Iíve been extremely negative and pretty much taken this disease as a death sentence or as if someone has diagnosed me with terminal cancer. Iíve not only lossed everything but I also have lossed myself. Itís a hard road but I make it harder on myself by worrying about what others think. I donít even like people yet I run my life worrying about what others think of me. Sigh.... Iíve never been one for religion, but when life gets hard you start trying to look deeper as if thereís a reason or some bigger picture of why. Sometimes it just feels like itís easier not to be...

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Topher3 View Post

                Thanks man, I really appreciate the positivity. Sometimes itís hard to be positive to myself, I have withdrawn a lot over the past year. I donít see my family or friends Iíve been extremely negative and pretty much taken this disease as a death sentence or as if someone has diagnosed me with terminal cancer. Iíve not only lossed everything but I also have lossed myself. Itís a hard road but I make it harder on myself by worrying about what others think. I donít even like people yet I run my life worrying about what others think of me. Sigh.... Iíve never been one for religion, but when life gets hard you start trying to look deeper as if thereís a reason or some bigger picture of why. Sometimes it just feels like itís easier not to be...
                By the way I do have a relatively large gap on the left side of the eyecup in nereus. I discovered it's due to my asymmetrical face and my right orbit has a pretty decent seal (fogs up most times). I am experimenting with the ear grips to see if they can make the fit better. They definitely help keep the frame from slipping forward. I am glad I ordered 3 pairs of them. Initially I thought they were of no use.

                I wish there's a service that offered custom made moisture chamber glasses/goggles. An exact fit would not only make it better in terms of efficiency but also more comfortable to wear.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thanks the trainquelle eyes moisture relief ones do look pretty horrific. The frame bends in the centre to shape your you face bit still not a full seal. I may try a different type.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Interesting, that you state that wearing the glasses can return glands to normal function. By helping the inflammation constantly down. A strong reason to wear them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Milo007 View Post
                      There would always be some gaps with the commercially manufactured moisture chamber glasses because everyone has different 3-D facial contours and it's very unlikely that the design of the eyecups would match one's facial features perfectly. But that doesn't mean that the tiny gaps would make the thing useless. From my personal experience I can say that the ziena nereus doesn't provide a perfect seal around my orbits yet it significantly blocks air drafts and reduces the rate of evaporation of my tears. So ideally you should get a model of MCG that would be the closest to a perfect fit. Depending upon your location you may order 2-3 different frames and put on them to see which provides the best fit. If you are outside US I would advice you to go for nereus if you don't have a small face. Unfortunately I don't have experience with tranquileyes.
                      I have being looking at the ziena nereus as an option. They look quiet good and look to have a large seal?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
                        Interesting, that you state that wearing the glasses can return glands to normal function. By helping the inflammation constantly down. A strong reason to wear them.
                        Yes indeed and believe me it's working for me. I am on doxycycline for the last 22 days and using the MCGs on all waking hours. My glandular secretions have gone significantly up and the sense of discomfort underneath my eyelids have vanished too. So inflammation is playing the key role in my MGD as well. I hope the good times continue after I withdraw from doxycycline.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post

                          I have being looking at the ziena nereus as an option. They look quiet good and look to have a large seal?
                          Yes they are for big faces. I have a moderately big face. The eyecups are the deepest of all MCGs by Ziena eyewear. They fit most people adequately well. I wish the upper portions of the eyecups were less trimmed so that they could cover up more below the eyebrows and block wind completely from a ceiling fan.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Milo007 View Post

                            Yes indeed and believe me it's working for me. I am on doxycycline for the last 22 days and using the MCGs on all waking hours. My glandular secretions have gone significantly up and the sense of discomfort underneath my eyelids have vanished too. So inflammation is playing the key role in my MGD as well. I hope the good times continue after I withdraw from doxycycline.
                            How long are you on the doxycyline for? Do the ziena nereus look quiet abit like normal glasses?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post

                              How long are you on the doxycyline for? Do the ziena nereus look quiet abit like normal glasses?
                              I am on doxycycline for the last 23 days (200mg daily for the first week followed by 100mg daily after that).

                              The ziena nereus looks a bit bulky, stealthy and they are nothing like normal glasses on a closer look. You will definitely catch attention after putting on these glasses. But who cares if they help your eyes heal and make your life more manageable?

                              ​​​​​​They won't make you look a complete weirdo but you might get some weird looks from people who have no idea about dry eye glasses.

                              Comment

                              Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Biggrin :D Wink ;) Rolleyes :rolleyes: Tongue :p Cool :cool: Redface :o Confused :confused: Eek :eek: Frown :( Mad :mad:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X