In the process right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the process right now

I was surprised to see this new "category" on the site. But, being the self-appointed dry eye queen, I thought I'd put the first 2 cents in.

I lost some wraparound glasses I had for 4 years. They were the Transition lens and had my RX in them along with progressive bifocals. Since July 4th, I've missed those glasses a lot. I am ordering Panoptx with my RX and progressive bifocals. I'm getting the Sirocco frame because you can wear with/without the foam inserts.

My doc faxed with Panoptx the information back and forth. I'm getting anxious. Just before the holiday weekend, I learned Panoptx was mailing the Sirocco lens to my doc so I could be measured for "seq hth." Has something to do with the bifocal. No problem. Then, I find out the optical shop where I've ordered glasses for 25 years or so (in the same bldg as my doc) would not measure me because the glasses were not being ordered through them. I agreed to even sign a waiver. But, no. So now I have a pair of Sirocco frames and will have to try and find someone to measure me. I've had to wait until the long weekend was over. Geez!

It did give me a chance to try the frames on for more than a minute. They may bother me around the corners where they are thick. But, I'm willing to take a chance as I desperately need some dry eye wear. I'll post when I finally get my finished product. Don't hold your breath.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Lucy,
    Please let me know how you make out with them with the prescription in them I am overcorrected and just got a pair of sunglasses with the prescription in them and that is helping alot. Rosemary Healy said they are starting to use the verilux lens soon and I wanted to know if thats what you are getting? Peggy

Comment

Yes, Peggy, I am getting the progressive bifocal. I'm not sure if it's Varilux or not, but it is progressive. I'm hoping to get my goggles/glasses the first of next week. I've been waiting a long time, between mailing frames back and forth.......ugh. My script is a tough one for wraparound glasses. One eye is quite a bit more myopic than the other. I could be disappointed with the outcome, I know. However, I am excited and can't wait to get them. I lost a pair of RX wraparounds (not goggles) with Transition lens around July 4th. I've been staying inside most of the time since. I'll post here as soon as I can.

Lucy

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

I posted in the Open Forum about "getting my Panoptx."

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X