I have my glasses/goggles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my glasses/goggles!

After a long wait, I picked up my Panoptx today at my local doc's office. A few of you have been following my saga on the goggles so I want to post my initial thoughts. I was very anxious to get these and at the last minute, almost paranoid to put them on. They cost $495 BTW, which considering my glasses cost that much is not a surprise. It's just how many glasses I need x $500!

I was nicely surprised when I put the goggles on in the doc's reception room. I had no "fitting or checking with the lens on" just a pay for them and take them. I walked around the reception area while waiting for some free lube samples. I could read, as I picked up a magazine and thought, well that's good. I drove home in them at rush hour. About 20 miles through city traffic and I made it home.

My eyes have a 4 diopter difference which makes for a lot of "trashy vision, headaches, etc." The goggles are no worse than my regular glasses. With the wrap feature, you worry about fish-bowl vision. If I have it, it's tolerable. The progressives seemed to work well. I had a little steaming, but was going from a/c to sweltering, humid weather. Now, I should be able to go outside, run in and out, go for a walk, without my eyes getting blown dry.
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

I am soooo excited that you finally have them, Luce! And that they seem to be doing OK so far.... Keep us posted as you "break them in".
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

by Lucy:
      I could read, as I picked up a magazine and thought, well that's good. I drove home in them at rush hour. About 20 miles through city traffic and I made it home.
      Hope you didn't feel TOO MUCH PRESSURE to report every last detail here . Boy, we sure have been waiting! So far so good it sounds like, Luce. Steamy eyes and humidity will be a thing of the past very soon here in Michigan.
      Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

Steamy eyes and humidity will be a thing of the past very soon here in Michigan.
        Yes, Cindy, I get excited just thinking about hot air furnaces and car heaters blowing hot air. To those thinking, well, don't turn the heater on..............
        you have to, or your car windows will ice over.

I'll be better prepared with my goggles. This all started with me losing my famous Buddy Holly glasses! I'm almost thinking I'll find them since I've bought new ones! If someone is used to progressive bifocals, I would think having them in goggles would be a good thing. If someone had no experience with them, I don't know.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Car heaters

Don't turn the car heater on....yeah, right. I live in your neighboring state. Anyone thinking a thought like that has not lived in a northern winter! I am very adept at turning the heater on....turning it off.....turning it back on.....it is a trade-off between freezing to death and dry eyes.
          How about a picture of you in your new glasses???

Comment

I'm happy for you Lucy. It's great they are working out. Yeah...'bout a picture?
            Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

I don't have "that" kind of camera. They ain't pretty, they're functional.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

We went to Lake Michigan this past Sunday and walked out on the pier. I was wearing my Panoptx. Kept my eyes nicely out of draft and wind. I didn't go too close to the edge of the pier though. They are good for driving, being out in the wind, or just outdoors. They are not too good in places like a mall, a large store, etc. It has to do with my odd RX and not the goggles themselves. If I have to look up and down, back and forth a lot, I get a bit whoozy. It's the fishbowl effect, but I expected some. I'm happy I got the goggles.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                X