Goggles for freezing weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goggles for freezing weather?

Hi- I haven't posted for awhile since I was having pretty good luck with the RGP that I wear atop my transplanted eyes. Suddently I'm having problems again- so the question here is_ anyone else having some significant increase in lens problems with the very cold Northeast weather?

Originally posted by spaniel
    Hi- I haven't posted for awhile since I was having pretty good luck with the RGP that I wear atop my transplanted eyes. Suddently I'm having problems again- so the question here is_ anyone else having some significant increase in lens problems with the very cold Northeast weather?
    I certainly relate, although where I live it isn't often an issue. My lenses seem to behave a little differently in the morning when it's chilly, but I think the main thing is having the heat on so much more. Had to have the heat on in the car the last day or two (unusual here) and the only way I can deal with air in the car is with wraparounds. I had been wearing Wiley-X for a few months as I find those really are the best for driving vision, but I'm back in my Panoptx now as they do give better protection. I think my eyes must be more sensitive to the heat than the A/C.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Me, too

[QUOTE=Rebecca Petris]I certainly relate, although where I live it isn't often an issue. My lenses seem to behave a little differently in the morning when it's chilly, but I think the main thing is having the heat on so much more. Had to have the heat on in the car the last day or two (unusual here) and the only way I can deal with air in the car is with wraparounds. I had been wearing Wiley-X for a few months as I find those really are the best for driving vision, but I'm back in my Panoptx now as they do give better protection. I think my eyes must be more sensitive to the heat than the A/C.[/QUOTE]

I thought the AC in the car was killing my eyes until it turned cold and I had to start using the heat. Both are pretty uncomfortable. But at least I know the reason for it now, and I also know why I cannot tolerate sitting in a room with a ceiling fan. I wondered if I was just being whiney.
      CY

Comment

Working...
      X