This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice from Tranquileye users

I love my Tranquileyes very much but am struggling with irritation/ dryness around my eye area where they sit on my face. I have very sensitive skin with some rosacea. I have tried lined and unlined and both have the same effect. I wash them with baby shampoo everyday. I have tried the Onyix goggles and they do relieve the skin problem but is not enough moisture for my painfully dry eyes. Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by Stacey View Post
    I love my Tranquileyes very much but am struggling with irritation/ dryness around my eye area where they sit on my face. I have very sensitive skin with some rosacea. I have tried lined and unlined and both have the same effect. I wash them with baby shampoo everyday. I have tried the Onyix goggles and they do relieve the skin problem but is not enough moisture for my painfully dry eyes. Any suggesting would be greatly appreciated!
    Possibly the foam is causing irritation? It happens to a small percentage of users. It's frustrating when you really need that extra protection! Couple of thoughts - one is, what about using the bikini (that would cover the foam cushions) + lined foam, that way no foam itself is touching your skin, just the fabric. Also, some people line it with plastic wrap.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

I, too, find the foam irritating and no one in the UK sells the bikini.

What has helped me is to put a layer of face cream over my eyebrows and on my cheek bones.

I think it is the rubbing which is irritating me rather than the actual foam. As the foam became loose it got worse so I followed a tip from here and used duck tape to secure the eye pads. I find my goggles more comfortable now.

I hope you find something to help. Like you, I find the onyx more comfortable but it just doesn't work well enough.

R

Comment

I am new to this site but I would like an update from users of Tranquileyes as to its effectiveness. I am looking for a general dry eye solution as I have not been diagnosed with any other than dry eyes and are trying drops and gel at night. Also using Combigan for pressure in my eyes.

Comment

Working...
        X