This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tranquileyes outer pads not sticking

Recently I replaced the outer hollow foam of my Tranquileyes by pulling off the sticker paper provided, but it didn't hold. It kept coming off. So I used super glue but it turned parts of the foam green and then later I read super glue can be an irritant to the eye. So I pullled the whole thing off and it's now a mess.

Does anyone know the best way to glue and KEEP the foam onto the Tranquileyes? I like to keep it slightly in tighter so the foam pads that is soaked in water won't be pushed in too much and be supported by the outer foam. Does that make sense?

Unfortunately I can't use them tonight, and I really needed them since I had to put up with a very strong ceiling fan at a relatives home, and even with moisture chambers and using Ultra Clinats 3...my eyes were still BURNING. (Oh...and steroid drops did nothing either).
    Last edited by DCRdryeye; 17-Feb-2013, 14:18.

I had the same problem. Someone on the forum suggested duck tape, gaffer tape it is also called. It doesn't look pretty but it did keep the foam on.

I use the heat pads for a treatment as well as using the other pads through the night. The heat pads have a sharp edge and were lifting the foam surrounds so I bought a second set of goggles so I have one for heat treatments and one for the night. There doesn't have to be such a strong stick for the heat treatment as I am awake and can just hold it on! The original frames on my night goggles lasted for ages once the hard plastic edges weren't lifting them off.

Cleaning the goggles with alcohol to remove all residue before sticking on new pads helps too. There are new glues on the craft market that are gentle but still stick non- porous surfaces but I have not tried them. One is called glossy accents from Ranger which might do the trick.

I have biker sunglasses I wear outside and if I am in places where there is a strong draught. They have padding with gaps so they protect without steaming up. Unfortunately, clear ones look a bit strange but I have a set of those too and wear them at home or if I am desperate

I hope you get something to help,

R.

Comment

Duck tape or anything else didn't work for me so I don't use tranquileyes anymore. They are in the bin.

Comment

Working...
      X