This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade nighttime tip

Hi readers -- wanted to share something I've been trying at night and so far it works pretty well. I make a "bandana" out of saran wrap to wear around my eyes at night to help keep my eyelids closed and keep moisture in. I tie a cloth bandana around the saran wrap to keep it in place. So far -- my eyes are far less painful in the mornings. Not perfect -- I still need to use drops when I wake up -- but my eyes recover very quickly which is a blessing. I also sleep with a fan in the bedroom window (not blowing directly on me), and a humidifier.

I've done a lot of trial-and-error in the past few weeks -- and found adding the saran wrap gives the protection I need.

Am update if helpful to anyone: have tried Glad press-n-seal and that seems to work very well with keeping my eyelids closed at night! Even better than the "saran wrap bandana" because that works based on how tightly I tie it -- the press-n-seal I don't need to use that pressure. I still use a regular banadana on top of the Glad -- however again don't have to tie it so tightly either.

Comment

Happy to read this has proved helpful, Bubba- I am still really interested in finding out what kind of night-time gizmo Dr. Latkany is working on though-

Comment

Agree bunnyrabbit!!

Comment

Bubba - perhaps I'm using the glad press and seal incorrectly, however I'm finding that my lash line is affected after using it. How do you apply it? I cut two squares and "press" on each eye so it sticks. One time my right eye swelled up a little but lately my lash line feels like it's burning. I'm going to try without tonight and see what happens but I need something to hold my eyes closed.

I'm just curious your method of using the press and seal.

Comment

Hi Ericska -- I actually no longer use the Glad press-n-seal. Although at one time it seemed to work better than the "saran wrap" bandana, after a while for some reason it just wasn't sealing enough enough my eyes. So I'm back to the "saran wrap" bandana underneath a fabric bandana. When I was using press-n-seal, I was cutting two small squares and pressing them tightly around each eye, then covering with a fabric bandana. I wasn't having any trouble with my lash line like you've experienced -- that doesn't sound good. Perhaps there is something in the chemicals of the press-n-seal that are irritating your lash areas. Try the "saran wrap" bandana -- I use a sheet of plain plastic wrap about 2.5 feet long. I fold it 3x length-wide to form a thin, long "bandana." I tie it around my eyes/head, and then on top to reinforce/hold I tie a fabric bandana. So far this has worked the best for me at night as far as keeping my eyes closed and moist and air out. Also the least expensive option.

Comment

Working...
            X