Skin Problems Due to Tranquileyes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Problems Due to Tranquileyes....

I've had tranquileyes since February, and I found great success with it helping the dryness and redness in my eyes.
    But, around the end of March/beggining of february I started having really itchy and dry skin around my eye brows. I didn't think much of it until it got worse, and I saw a dermatologist. She suspected it could be due to contact dermatitis, but I didn't associate it with my tranquil eyes.
    So I kept wearing it, and eventually my skin got worse. Not only did it affect the skin around my eye brows it started to affect my eye lids, they would become really itch and get little bumps on them. And also, the skin under my eyes would have little red raised patches that were itch as well.

The weird thing is that the skin on one eye would heal, then the next day the symptoms would appear on the other eye.

I stopped wearing for about a week and ordered now foam sets that were lined (we were thinking i may be allergic to the foam) but two days into wearing the tranquileyes, the sypmtoms are back.

I was wondering if any one else has had this problem, and if they have found a solution to the irritation it's caused, or if this something that I have to stop using.

It's so very dissapointing to having a solution to a problem and have it taken away from you. I feel like I was given some of my life back, and the forces have decided to take it away by making my skin sensitive to the Tranquileyes.

I am considering using ONIYX again, but I didn't get the results I have gotten with tranquileyes....

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with the tranquil eyes. It is not uncommon to develop sensitivities to foam/latex type compounds. I am allergic to neoprene but so far am OK with the silicone in the oniyx goggles. I live in fear that I will develop a sensitivity to the foam inserts in the WileyX goggles from constant use. There is a thin cloth covering that I think has saved me to date...sigh...F/G

Comment

I saw an allergist. I did not use the tranquile eyes over the weekend, and my skin cleared up. It sucks b/c I have noticed my eyebrows have actually thinned out b/c of the hair falling out...so that sucks! and the skin is also still very dry and flaky.

He suggested I used vaseline over the skin area that the foam touches and sees if that helps prevent irritation. I am also going to try to find some cotton clothe and use that over the foam as well. Although I am not sure if I am supposed to just use a patch of it or cut it out into a circle so I have the removable foam still touching my eyes...

wish me luck!

Comment

Hi, I hope you have got something to help by now.

I did not have an allergy, thank goodness, just a mechanical irritation but I soleved it by using eye cream on my eyebrows and cheeks. Ordinary cream stung my eyes when it mixed with the water from the goggles.

From other posts I think you can wrap the goggles with cling film to cover the foam. My eye doctor suggested wrapping my eyes in cling film so it isn't bad for the eyes. You were able to buy a cloth wrap from the makers of tranquileyes, I think other people use that for allergies.

R.

Comment

I've developed the same problems using my Onyx goggles and was considering trying Tranquileyes again so please let us/me know if you find a solution. Good luck and thanks!

Comment

Hi i had a similar problem with my moisture chamber sunnies. iwhat worked was covering the foam with medical white tape you buy at chemist. i cut strips and cover foam that touches my face. Its tricky but u learn to cut right shape. i change it daily where possible. its a life saver otherwise my skin itches and i get wrinkly skin.

I prefer to sleep with a terry towel sleep mask i can wash daily to prevent infection.
            http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Hi all! So I have some good news.

The irritation I have been having with the tranquile eyes (fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc) seems to be solvable for my situation! I have been experimenting with different things so this is what I have done.

Ultimatley I have been slathering vaseline on my eyelids before putting my tranquileyes on, and maybe every other day I will put it on my eyebrows, to keep my eyebrows from drying out again. The skin on my eyebrows are still a bit flaky, but I think that is b/c I am so afraid to touch them since the hairs have been falling off!!!

I bought some undyed, unbleached 100% cotton cloth. And I have been cutting blocks (making sure it is big enough to cover the goggles so its not touching the eyebrows etc. I want to say that creating that barrier has helped immensely!! I haven't had a break out for about a week an a half now. I even tried cutting some holes out so that my eye lid is not protected from the foam but my eyebrows are..and along with the vaseline I havent experenced any skin breakouts. I will have a bit of an itch here and there during the day, but I am pretty much allergic to everything in Texas so I contribute the itciness to the enviroment.

I also started washing the foam with baby shampoo instead of the cleaner that came with my kit.

Only thing that has been maybe questionable is if my eyes are still being hydrated enough since I do have the cotton as a barrier. My eyes have been a bit dryer since this whole situation started, and I have noticed a difference using the cotton barrier and not using the cotton barrier. BUT I don't know if my dryness is contributed to the fact I need new punctal plugs put in ( i get new ones put in next friday since its been about 6 months since my previous ones were in). So once I have them put in I will come back with an update on that as well.

My boyfriend also suggest that I cut out two individual blocks and put them in the sockets of the goggles and then put the inserts in them...so that my eyebrow and the skin near eye brow is protected and I will get the full effect of the foam inserts and not just a little hole cut out of it! I will probably try this technique tonight and the next few days and see if it causes any irritation. along with slathering vaseline on my eyelids as well!

Comment

Working...
              X